Scared and Seeking Help!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CBWH, Mar 14, 2019.

1. CBWH

CBWH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stree/ high blood pressure
      I woke up 01/25/2017 at 3:25 am with loud bussing in both my ears. I was crying and scared because the noise would not stop, I went to ER that morning and they mentioned tinnitus but said I should go see ENT.

Scheduled that appointment a couple of days later and he officially diagnosed me with tinnitus, ordered me a hearing test which I passed with 100%.

He told me there was nothing he could do.

I should go see my PCP doctor and get anxiety and sleeping pills. I cried in his office begging for help and he just looked at me like I’m crazy.

I left the office broken and have been ever since that night. I have learned to sleep with white noise and other than that it’s awful and life will never be the same. I hate my life now. I can’t think. I’m an HR Manager who needs to concentrate on important manners with payroll etc.

It’s awful with no help available. Nothing have changed with this loud ringing and buzzing sound since that morning 2017. Trying my best to cope with the issue but it is difficult and some nights impossible.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Okay please calm down, we need to figure out what caused your tinnitus so if you can answer these questions it might help.

Did you have a history of noise exposure, loud music, loud headphones, loud cars, loud workplace environment?

Do you have a history of certain medications that you have been taking?

Did you have Cervical issues, TMJ, TMD, dental issues, a toothache, trigeminal neuralgia before tinnitus started?

Did you have a head trauma, or some neurological problem before tinnitus started?

Have you had a history or recently had an ear infection or disease in your ear?

Is genetic hearing loss or some ear disease in your family?