Scared of a High-Pitched Scream

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mario martz, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      A coworker just screamed in front of me.

She made a high pitched sound kinda loud.

It was brief, I didn't know how to react

So I couldn't even cover my ears.

Could this incident spike my tinnitus?

2. Kibakiru
      Creative

Kibakiru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 28 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown | PT: Unknown
      If it hasn't spiked it yet, It probably won't spike it at all. It's best to just stay calm when these things happen. Take it from someone who is around screaming children all day (the place I work at has a play area and my station is next to it). Somebody screaming near me has only spiked my tinnitus once and that was when the persona of Satans asshole of a child screamed directly into my ear. But like all normal spikes, it went back down after a few hours.

• Like Like x 1
    3. hopeforme

hopeforme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown/ear infection/noise
      I was hanging out with a neighbor who has two very loud kids who like to scream. She has T herself and was not phased. My T didn't react to their screams at all, ..and all the clattering along with it.

Oddly enough being in a small room while my son screamed at the top of his lungs made my T spike. The scream was loud and echoed. So open space with noise seems to be ok for me, but a small room with sounds bouncing off the walls is a no go.

Calming down is important. Don't try to listen if it got louder. Tell yourself it's ok and keep going.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1