Scared to Go to the Dentist

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jacob83, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Jacob83
      Balanced

Jacob83 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I <3 punk rock and metal
      I've gotta get a root canal, I've got a broken molar and there's a little bit of infection under it and the dentist wants to do it before the tooth becomes abscessed. I'm scheduled for the root canal on Monday and I'm scared the root canal is going to make my tinnitus worse.

Ever since my recent spike with T, I'm so paranoid about everything T related and anything that could effect it.

I had such a good day today, too, not minding and monitoring my tinnitus, and here I am reading horror stories on the internet about root canals and tinnitus (and one good one about T dropping after a root canal), that now I'm scared the hell of getting this one.

2. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Not having the root canal will make you worse for sure! Rotting teeth will make tinnitus worse.

Get it done and don't be a pussy

• Like Like x 1
    3. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      When my T was new, had to go to my Orthodontist for braces, every visit my t would be high afterwards but goes back down the next day or two. Fast forward 4 years later, about 3 months ago I had a crown done, just wore foam plugs and relaxed, Whoa! T was fine after the visit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      I'd be inclined to accept a tinnitus spike over septic shock or endocarditis leading to valve disease and possible stroke. Fix it.

• Like Like x 2
    5. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Wear ear muffs not ear plugs!