Scenar Treatment

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Louise, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Has anyone used the Scenar device for T? Especially the Zephiloyd technique?

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Louise, this is the first of heard of the Scenar device. I just looked it up. It's possible to purchase this device on Amazon for $386.00. It looks as if its primary use is for pain relief. Do you know of any therapists near you who use this device? What exactly does the Zephiloyd technique entail? Tell us more!!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Sorry to excite you Karen, I've tried it but it didnt help. I was wondering actually if I made mine worse with it (by putting it in my ear as per the instructions) and wanted to know of anyone elses experiences with it.

There is a technique by a Dr. Raetzel that is supposed to help. I had this treatment and the first time I thought it did help then the next two it made no difference.

4. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks, Louise. It's too bad that it didn't work for you. I guess, like everyone else on this forum, I'm always looking for new possibilities! I haven't had much success, either, with anything placed near the ear. But in my case, whatever turbulence was stirred up usually subsided, and my tinnitus went back to the same level. I hope yours eventually settles back down, too.

5. Molan
      No Mood

Molan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      On the Zephiloyd forum there was another guy who claimed he cured himself by targeting the vagus nerve as well as the ear but no-one else reported success when they duplicated it.

What was interesting was on that same thread someone else suggested targeting the nerves in the cervical spine instead as that is where the main spinal nerves connect to the ear. Fish posted on tinnitus talk a study showing that electrical stimulation to the cervical spine (Neck) cured some peoples tinnitus. See the study details below,

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22682958

So perhaps based on that paper there could be potential for some people maybe. I have had some standard Scenar treatments before. However they were general sessions that did not target the ear or cervical spine specifically. It had no effect on my tinnitus but perhaps using one daily at home could be different when targeting a specific part of the body.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. daedalus

daedalus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      It is an old well known tinnitus scam. This thing and laser in the ears are the most common techno scams in the little world of tinnitus.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Daedalus, sorry but this time what you have said is wrong. I'm not going into the specifics but I know personally this is not a scam. Whether it works or not is another matter, and I've already said for me it doesnt and from the evidence it doesnt work for many other people, but it certainly is not an actual scam.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Of course you are Karen, and why wouldnt you? I actually find that a positive attitude. I'm only sorry it sounded like I had the answer for a while :)

Thanks for your wishes, you are very kind. I always find it uplifting when someone who also suffers can find it in themselves to wish something good for someone else.

9. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Louise,
      I know you're continuing to have problems, and are concerned about the fact that your T seems to have worsened. My hope for you is that it will eventually settle down. I've been at this for nearly 3 years now, and mine was roaring at the beginning, and has (finally!) seemed to have settled down quite a bit. I truly hope yours will do the same.

Another thing I've observed: In my case, and in others, too, it seems to have subsided on its own. All these treatments we keep trying may not really make much difference in the long run. Patience and the passage of time seem to be the best medicine!

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Thanks Karen. Mine seems to be going in the wrong direction though, much quieter at the beginning than now. I will try to take strength from what you've said. Thanks for caring :) x

11. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi all In an hour about to see this lady jane albright, only lives a few miles from me in London.

She uses scenar and scio technologies.

Tinnitus Treatment with Scenar and Scio

Ive just finished weekly cranial osteopathy for 6 months,didnt touch my TMJ tinnitus problems.

I will never give up.

12. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Heya @carlover,

I moved your message to an existing thread about Scenar.

Let us know how you like Jane and what the treatment does to you!

Fingers crossed,
      Markku

13. Jon Wayne

Jon Wayne Member

Tinnitus Since:

the Zephiloyd technique? :facepalm: ...Louise, please, for the sake of sanity and common sense don't call this a technique, this is not a technique, this is nothing. the guy is a known scammer, and his Scenar story is ridiculous.

14. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Jon ,that is a hell of a statement. Zeph no idea if hes straight ,I believe he is but? ,scenar? My partner 5 years of whiplash Injury from lower back ,shoulder, neck ,used to hate watching her in pain. 10 treatments 90% better....and has been for over a year.

• Like Like x 1
    15. exodus
      Cold

exodus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008
      hi carlover

what is the method for tinnitus?

so you are confirming that it s giving good results for chronical backpain?

did she bought the device or have you been to them?

in uk there is one device named paingenie they are selling it at around 450 pounds.

do you think it s worth an investment?

thanks

16. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi exodus, I have actually just bought a Denas PCM from a great guy called chris who runs this
      http://miracletherapydevices.co.uk/
      I do know pain genie having done a massive amount of research. The Denas is far more user friendly. This guy benedict howard has a lot of vids, this on ears http://ebodyfusion.com/eyes-ear/

Denas have been able to make these machines in a way that keeps cost down and he reccod the PCM.

Today my partner who had fell on her wrist last week was in pain, put it on area 10 minutes later pain gone, 10 hrs later still a lot better.

Tinnitus? Ill give it a good go myself .

17. exodus
      Cold

exodus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008
      hi carlover

i have difficulties to understand the difference between the denas and the scenar and the paingenie?

and wich one choose between these 3 ?

so for tinnitus no results for now?

18. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Exodus ,only just started with the tinnitus treatment.They are all the same technology but Denas is far more user friendly ,you do not need training to understand how to use it,the manual and chris'shelp is all you need.

19. exodus
      Cold

exodus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008
      ok

so i have understood that you have experience with denas ,and all are finally doing the same thing.

so let me choose the best quality-option/price ratio

thanks

20. Jon Wayne

Jon Wayne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      No it's not, Scenar treatment is quackery at its finest.. whether it's for back pain, tinnitus or hemorrhoids.

21. exodus
      Cold

exodus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008
      hi jon

did you tested it?
      what make you believe it s not efficient?

carlover seems happy with it?

22. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Im a week In with T exodus ,no change yet will take me a few weeks to assess that side of things.For sprains and musculo skeletol it has been effective.

23. exodus
      Cold

exodus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008
      hi carlover,

i ve got u abt this and i finally got a paingenie i ll try to start the muscles treatment before then try the t one later

i ve tested on some painful area,there is an immediate relief but it s not lasting so let s see

24. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Exodus well done!!! This guy Dr. Rob Esser http://www.paingenie.com/staff-associates/dr-rob-esser

I know him ,although last met 20 years ago he used to take point location classes when I studied acupuncture.If it wasnt any good he wouldnt get involved.

How do you find the treatment? Its not that enjoyable is it,can get very prickly you need to keep readjusting the unit ,well you do on the Denas,keep us informed ,good luck,Pete

25. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Since my last post no change.

26. Nathaniel Teposo
      Anime

Nathaniel Teposo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 1, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced trauma
      Lucky for that bastard if he really have a T

27. Lynn G

Lynn G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      either caffeine withdrawal or a hearing test
      Hello everyone,

As an amateur scientist, I'm going to try some variations on Zephiloyd's SCENAR technique that claims to reduce/cure tinnitus. I know it's a long shot, but wanted to know if anyone here has a compatible SCENAR they'd be willing to sell, or has some experience with this technique (good or bad) they'd like to share.

Personally, I don't see how these "biofeedback" devices ever work for general aches and pains, but I do think it's plausible that the electrical impulses sent through the cochlea might actually kick a nerve or hair back into alignment.

Thanks,
      Lynn

28. Mark662
      Transparent

Mark662 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1988
      Lynn
      I followed Zephiloyd's SCENAR trials on the RNID forum some years ago. A lot of noise was made about his success with it, and I am not in a position to dispute his achievement. However, he hired it to five or so other individuals to use and compiled a table of results. They could in no way replicate his success. The Russian manufacturers weren't interested in following it up either after he contacted them.

Unless, someone gives you one to try, I wouldn't bother paying out for what appears to be another electronic device that has questionable positive influence on tinnitus.
      Mark

29. Lynn G

Lynn G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Mark,

I'm actually thinking of building my own. The SCENAR looks it just sends electric impulses periodically... it shouldn't be hard to replicate the signal. The only reason I want an existing SCENAR is to test it and see if it does anything different. All this talk about "biofeedback" seems misleading, as I think it doesn't actually create a feedback loop. It seems to just emit predictable pulses. Again, if anyone has one they're trying/willing to lend or sell, I'd like to study it and see if I can replicate the signal.

Thanks,
      Lynn

30. Lynn G

Lynn G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I should say, I do have a theory for why this might have worked on one or two people. I believe the pulses reset the hairs in the cochlea, either by stimulating the nerves or by causing the hairs to resonate and free themselves from calcification. I believe the limited choice of frequencies in the SCENAR or other comparable devices makes it hard to find the right resonant frequency that targets the problem spots. I'm going to try this in combination with supplemental Vitamin K2 MK4 to assist with calcification reduction and see what happens.

Lynn