Sensitive Teeth Affecting Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Robert18, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Robert18

Robert18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october 10, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      machine noise in factory, headphone, stressed
      Hello everyone,
      For the last couple of weeks I was complaining with my ear infection that increased my high pitch tinnitus, and after two weeks of using ear drops the infection was gone. And I'm thankful to the people who gave some advice that help my problem.

And now I have another problem with my sensitive teeth, it gets a sharp pain when I drink a hot or cold drink.
      And I have observed an increased volume of my tinnitus within this week.

Is the sensitive teeth affecting or causing the increased volume of my tinnitus?

Has anyone had experiences relating to this problem?

Robert

2. Bam

Bam Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      I’ve never heard of Sensodyne curing T but hey give it a whirl and let us know.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robert18

Robert18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october 10, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes I start trying sensodyne and I may see a dentist and book for appointment soon, my concern is that my t gets louder. its so annoying and I don't think so if my sensitive teeth affects or caused it.

I'm calling to anybody who had experienced like this who have sensitive teeth and make their t louder.

Thanks and god bless ,
      Robert

4. summ
      Tired

summ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad cold/flu
      Yes, I've noticed the same thing too.

My guess is it has something to do with trigeminal nerve being aggravated?
      Try using tooth paste or mouth wash for sensitive teeth for a while and see if it has any effect.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robert18

Robert18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october 10, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @summ
      So you had sensitive teeth like mine?
      what did you do with your teeth problem, have you been to a dentist ?
      and then what happen next, does your t didn't spike after all?

thanks and god bless you,
      Robert

6. summ
      Tired

summ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad cold/flu
      I've had really sensitive tooth, but in my case it was tooth decay. Dentist "fixed" it.
      He drilled twice without lidocaine and both times it made my T permanently worse.
      He drilled once with lidocaine and it made my hearing and T much better for a week until the next drilling.

I still have mildly sensitive teeth, even tooth that is supposedly dead, because I have a crown there.
      Tooth paste for sensitive teeth helps a bit.
      Whenever my T is worse, my sensitivity and pain is higher. And whenever I put earplugs in my ears I can feel pain in my teeth.

So yeah, try tooth paste or mouth wash for sensitive teeth and if it doesn't help, go to your dentist and don't let him drill without anaesthesia.
      I hope this helps.

7. EarHair

EarHair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012 worsened Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts and TMJ and genetics (Mom, Grandpa have it)
      Sensitive teeth can often be from grinding and clenching of teeth. Grinding can cause TMJ and tension in jaw which can be a factor in tinnitus.

8. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      @Robert18 I have had a similar experience. It is very important to see a dentist and have some x-rays taken. Sensitivity to hot and cold beverages is a signal that you may have a slight infection in the roots of your teeth which if taken care of ASAP could help you a lot. If you ignore this it may end up as a need for root canals.

And it could also to just a symptom of grinding.

In one case the sensitivity in a tooth to hot/cold drinks meant I needed a slight adjustment for the tooth in question.
      In another case it meant a root canal because the x-rays showed the roots dying and an infection starting in the small gaps surrounding the tooth.

And yes my tinnitus was louder in a more high pitched way. That went away after I took care of the issues.

Don't be afraid and ignore this.

9. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Tooth sensitivity can also be caused by certain foods. In my case, only from a relatively small number of fruits--especially plums. It was way worse if the fruit was even slightly under ripe. The sensitivity could last for several hours.​

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robert18

Robert18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october 10, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for sharing with your experiences this will help me a lot with my teeth issues as I have book an appointment with my dentist next month.

God bless you all,
      Robert

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Starthrower,

Have you by any chance ever considered irrigating your teeth and gums regularly with hydrogen peroxide. This practice has worked so well for me, that I've come to believe it can prevent most dental situations where a root canal is considered. I also think it can sometimes even be used to prevent a root canal that's already been advised. It's really a powerful therapy, especially if it's combined with using other kinds of chlorine dioxide dental products.

Best...

12. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      @Lane..

Oh even better we now do the Virgin Coconut Oil pulling technique. I swear it helps keep the gyms really healthy and even whiten them a bit. I also noticed or my husband did that he used to have measures 4 or 5 in his gums when he went for cleanings. We did this for about four months and when he went back in his measures were 2 in the gums.

Hum maybe @Robert18 should try it?

Kinda gross at first. But you buy organic Virgin coconut oil and take a tablespoon and swish it through your teeth for about twenty minutes. Then you need to spit it out in a cup and not down the sink. Then you brush and floss.

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    13. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Coconut oil works great. I also like preservative free Aloe Vera juice. Use it like mouth wash. Studies have shown that it works just as well as Chlorhexidine Gluconate for gums, hurtful teeth, soreness and infection. This is used after brushing teeth.