Sharing a Story of Hope — My Brain Got Used to Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Chris135, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      A couple of years ago we ran a survey targeting people (i.e. we emailed them) who hadn't visited Tinnitus Talk in two months or more. We received 2814 responses. There were many more questions than this, but the below is the part that might interest you. Of course, even this does not capture it perfectly. Should we have made the duration longer, 6 months, 12 months? And maybe a chunk of those who did feel better, and got better, didn't bother responding, skewing the results further. It's not really a topic many want to spend time on after it no longer rules your life. Anyhow... hope you start to feel better (y)

lapsed-users-1.png
      lapsed-users-2.png
      lapsed-users-3.png
      lapsed-users-4.png

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Watasha
      No Mood

Watasha Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for your story! About how loud is your tinnitus? Can you hear when outside on a walk? In the shower?

3. IntotheBlue03

IntotheBlue03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cervical/TBD
      Just curious do you feel better now that the brain zings/oscillation has calmed somewhat? I don’t know why but I had a break from that during a car ride today and now at home (I’ve removed myself from constant sounds like refrigerator etc which seems to make a huge difference) and it seems manageable without those 2 nightmare qualities. I’ve felt a sense of calm that I haven’t in 2+ months.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. IntotheBlue03

IntotheBlue03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cervical/TBD
      Thank you @Markku. I appreciate that you folks can always steer us in the right direction, this is very helpful. Appreciate the kind wishes as well!

5. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Awesome. Glad you found relief. I’m spiked past 4 days from my son laughing near my ears. Probably the 6th time this has happened lol. Otherwise I’m doing alright. Been keeping busy with work, gaming and just trying to live my life.

It rings, squeals, screeches, buzzes up and down, multi-tone reactive all day but slowly getting used to it. :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      @Markku - would the results not depend on how the participant was actually feeling at the time they left the forum? E.g. if they left feeling habituated, none of their answers would be positive (as in "much better"), right?