Should I believe this idiot ENT or the several drs I've seen?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Maithe Marshall, Mar 18, 2014.

1. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      @Maithe Marshall

The problem with having fluid in the ears is that it isn't 'static'. So one doctor may diagnose it and then the next may say that there is no fluid. Every doctor I saw said something different. I don't think they didn't care - I just don't think they have the level of skill required. Even the ENT said something different (and he was a surgeon).

The other problem is that the fluid is usually very deep inside the middle ear - it's not something that is easy to diagnose.

If an eardrum is really bulging then I would have thought that antibiotics should be given because the inflammation suggests an infection?

Not sure how you're going to get the fluid out... it's basically just waiting & hoping that it will go away / heal....

Anyway - be careful with any drops or medication that they give you because some of it can make tinnitus worse.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Yeah that's what my p.a at the military base said..
      That fluid moves around doesn't mean it's not there. Just the ENT is such a ( excuses my language) a douche bag. He was trying to tell me how the drs are all wrong and he said "I bet you never even had a infection..
      Uhm drs hate giving your antibitoics these days for ear infections so no I don't think 2 drs would prescribe me antibitoics. I had a bad bad reaction to my first antibiotic and wanted it changed to ammoxillin. The dr who have me ammoxillin saw that I had pus and fluid. He's honestly a horrible ENT..I don't know went back to him I just wanted to get a opinion on how to get it out.

I know for a fact I have fluid/ETD I have pressure and all the symptoms of fluid and ETD.

I'm going to a john hopkins ENT next frieday back in my home town virginia so I guess I'll see what is really wrong and the right safe way to go about it.

Yeah I'm super careful what what medications I take I have always been careful ( I'm a organic freak) so I've ways hated taking meds unless I honestly needed them. I was prescribed zyrtex but only took if for one day because I read it could cause t. Don't want to make mine worse..