Should I Take Corticosteroids?

Discussion in 'Support' started by bekker, May 23, 2016.

1. bekker

bekker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise / festival
      I have got a very very mild tinnitus in August 2015.

I didn't notice it really. Then in December and February it got worse. It now has influence on my live.

I got it from loud noise. Two weeks ago I went to a bar with earplugs but i think it got worse but I'm not so sure.

If i take corticosteroids could it do anything good to my tinnitus or is it too late?

And what are the side effects of corticosteroids.

My doctor said it is too late and he think it doesn't work so he didn't give it to me but I could ask it again. In my mind it feels like a missed chance if i don't take it.

2. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      They won't help you anymore. I have read they need to be taken on the day of exposure.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I have sever asthma and when I need steroids for my lungs the steroids make my tinnitus calm down but only a short fix as it's back again as my steroids reduce to their full blast....lots of love glynis

4. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      No they won't do anything for you tinnitus wise after such a long time.no one even knows if they really work in the beginning. They just put your body under unnecessary stress now. So no don't take them.