Sinus Infection Started My "Ringing"?

David T

Author
Feb 11, 2014
Tinnitus Since
12/01/2013
Last fall I had a bad cold which turned into a sinus infection which started my ears ringing. Or so my version of the story goes. I have had a CT scan of my sinuses and it showed some blockage. I have taken antibiotics which helped some with the sinuses. I also had an ear infection or irritation prior to the cold last fall. I use a sinus rinse machine which seems to help with the sinuses but I get a white thick substance from my nose when I rinse it with the wash. Throughout it all my ears ring. They never rang until the sinus infection. My ears feel full and hurt to a degree. I am thinking the sinuses are related to the ears ringing and was wondering how you check the eustachian tubes for blockage and check the ears for infection if fluid isn't visible and the pressure appears ok.

If the ears ringing and sinuses are coincidences so be it. I can live happily with it. But would like to eliminate what I can. I have an appointment again in a month with an ENT doctor. Any help appreciated.

Thank you

David

you have What I have its called eustachian tube dysfunction your eustachian tube is Blocked from the sinus try taking sudafed it will help also if you can get on Flonase

I think only a doctor can tell if you have infection. Usually no fluid means no infection. See an ent. My t started from a cold and afew others were triggered by it on here as well.

Last fall I had a bad cold which turned into a sinus infection which started my ears ringing. Or so my version of the story goes. I have had a CT scan of my sinuses and it showed some blockage. I have taken antibiotics which helped some with the sinuses. I also had an ear infection or irritation prior to the cold last fall. I use a sinus rinse machine which seems to help with the sinuses but I get a white thick substance from my nose when I rinse it with the wash. Throughout it all my ears ring. They never rang until the sinus infection. My ears feel full and hurt to a degree. I am thinking the sinuses are related to the ears ringing and was wondering how you check the eustachian tubes for blockage and check the ears for infection if fluid isn't visible and the pressure appears ok.

If the ears ringing and sinuses are coincidences so be it. I can live happily with it. But would like to eliminate what I can. I have an appointment again in a month with an ENT doctor. Any help appreciated.

Thank you

David

Hello! I know this thread is old, but your condition is so similar to mine. Got a cold a month ago which turned into a sinus infection and eventually a ringing. Was told I had a lot of fluid but it was draining slowly. I have a lot of fullness and congestion and ear pain at times as well. Anyways, I was just wondering if your T ever went away =]

Hello! I know this thread is old, but your condition is so similar to mine. Got a cold a month ago which turned into a sinus infection and eventually a ringing. Was told I had a lot of fluid but it was draining slowly. I have a lot of fullness and congestion and ear pain at times as well. Anyways, I was just wondering if your T ever went away =]
Wouldnt expect an answer from him too soon. David T was last seen:Mar 27, 2014. Thats a good sign I guess. Probably means it went away or stoped bothering him.

My right nose is always blocked and dry most of the time. Sometimes my jaws near the ear feel slight soreness. During endoscope doctor say a lot of mucus. My T is right ear. Is there a possibility that my T is linked to blocked nose.

Wouldnt expect an answer from him too soon. David T was last seen:Mar 27, 2014. Thats a good sign I guess. Probably means it went away or stoped bothering him.

Yeah, haha, I know. Just figured I'd give it a shot anyways xD I hope it went away for him in any case :) Just getting a little desperate for answers while waiting this out.

Yeah, haha, I know. Just figured I'd give it a shot anyways xD I hope it went away for him in any case :) Just getting a little desperate for answers while waiting this out.

Well, Brittany, when your T goes away, make sure you post back with the good news. Don't just ditch us. Haha ;-)

Well, Brittany, when your T goes away, make sure you post back with the good news. Don't just ditch us. Haha ;-)

If it goes away, haha xD And don't worry, I plan on posting a thread if my condition gets better..who knows, it might help someone :)

Ive had my T since mid november. I know it says 2011 on my profile, but thats false and Im not sure how to correct it. Anyways, my T started reducing after about 2 months. I can no longer hear it during the day (unless im in a silent room plugging my ears, I hear it very faint) and its getter lower and lower each night. I am not sure if it is actually getting lower, or my brain is just filtering it out somehow. This will happen naturally if you stop obsessing about it and focusing. Our brain recieves many signals, too many for it to process at once so it has to prioritize. For instance, its getting signals all the time that your nose is in your vision 24/7, but you dont really notice it most of the time. You can teach the brain to do the same about tinnitus, but when you fear it and focus on it it gets a high priority. I know its not easy to stop paying attention to it. If you cant do this on your own, there is TRT and some effective drugs like trobalt. There are threads about it under "treatment". Many here have had their T reduced and even vanished by using trobalt, but I wouldnt use it as my first option since it can have some side effects. Im sure you have read bad stories here. Just remember, these are super rare, but we should take notice and learn from them. Just stay away from very loud sounds and otoxic drugs, wich is something everyone should, tinnitus or not.

My ears are still ringing as they were before. Bioflaonoids and products to increase circulation along with a mega multi vitamim may help. At least it's healthy. I think it's a blessing to have your ears ring. It made me realize not to take your heatlh for granted. Think of all the real problems you could have instead. Cancer, blindness , chronic pain and so forth. Ringing in the ears made me lose weight, start running and lift weights and make the most out of my time. It's a blessing be thankful it's all you have and think about something else. If you are thinking about your ears you are not trying hard enough to make the most of your life. Remember some people have real problems. Sounds tough but so is life. Go to You Tube and type in Terry Fox or watch the entire film. It will help to put it in propective. Everthing is okay forget your ears and do something so you stop thinking about it and everything will be fine. Run a marathon or something. Go for it. Everything is okay. Also go to You Tube and listen to " Summer Nights Georgia Crickets" it's ten hours of crickets which will mask any ringing. Just turn it up till the ringing goes away. It gives you control of ears when you need it

My ears are still ringing as they were before. Bioflaonoids and products to increase circulation along with a mega multi vitamim may help. At least it's healthy. I think it's a blessing to have your ears ring. It made me realize not to take your heatlh for granted. Think of all the real problems you could have instead. Cancer, blindness , chronic pain and so forth. Ringing in the ears made me lose weight, start running and lift weights and make the most out of my time. It's a blessing be thankful it's all you have and think about something else. If you are thinking about your ears you are not trying hard enough to make the most of your life. Remember some people have real problems. Sounds tough but so is life. Go to You Tube and type in Terry Fox or watch the entire film. It will help to put it in propective. Everthing is okay forget your ears and do something so you stop thinking about it and everything will be fine. Run a marathon or something. Go for it. Everything is okay. Also go to You Tube and listen to " Summer Nights Georgia Crickets" it's ten hours of crickets which will mask any ringing. Just turn it up till the ringing goes away. It gives you control of ears when you need it

If only I could adopt positivity to your extent...I don't think T is a blessing per say, but I do think it could be used as a motivator to remind you to treat your health as sacred. Due to T, I'm more determined than ever to exercise and eat right..anything to make myself feel better. I couldn't agree more about being grateful that it isn't anything worse..it really is a wake up call. It's depressing sometimes, but I remind myself that I've only had this for a month and haven't habituated yet. In any case, thank you for responding, I really appreciate it! P.S. The crickets video was an amazing masker! It didn't hurt like the pink noise, etc. sounds...again, thanks! :)

You are more than welcome and everything will be fine. Listen to the crickets when you want to and remember that is all you have to do to eliminate the sound and you are in control of your ears and yourself. Do something you may not of done before. Run a 5k. ride a bike a long ways and prove to yourself and your ears that you are the boss in your life and someday you may think of it as a blessing for all the positive things you would of not done before you had a noise in your ears. Really.

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone.

I have had ringing in my ears for about two months. Doc had me get an MRI of brain. MRI showed a sinus infection and ruled out tumors. Docs conclusion was advising to " turn up radio." Since then I have been searching for cures.
I'm hoping that the ringing will go away when the sinus infection clears up.
I do however plan on being proactive. Here's what I'm going to do:
1. Go to a healing prayer service March 17 at church.
2. I ordered Dr. Christopher's Ear and Nerve Formula as well as their Garlic Oil to be put in ears.
3. I have resolved to avoid loud noises.
4. Cut down cell phone usage and or get an SAR blocking device. This sounds crazy, but I sometimes feel like my brain is acting like an antenna, intercepting EMF's. Upon researching this , others have felt like that too. Sometimes when my phone is about to ring or receive a text I get a sharp pain on the left side of my head and my left ear...even if the phone is 4 feet away....right before it rings.
5. I am also sniffing Horse Radish in attempt to clear ustachian tubes.

I welcome feedback and plan to keep you posted.

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone.

I have had ringing in my ears for about two months. Doc had me get an MRI of brain. MRI showed a sinus infection and ruled out tumors. Docs conclusion was advising to " turn up radio." Since then I have been searching for cures.
I'm hoping that the ringing will go away when the sinus infection clears up.
I do however plan on being proactive. Here's what I'm going to do:
1. Go to a healing prayer service March 17 at church.
2. I ordered Dr. Christopher's Ear and Nerve Formula as well as their Garlic Oil to be put in ears.
3. I have resolved to avoid loud noises.
4. Cut down cell phone usage and or get an SAR blocking device. This sounds crazy, but I sometimes feel like my brain is acting like an antenna, intercepting EMF's. Upon researching this , others have felt like that too. Sometimes when my phone is about to ring or receive a text I get a sharp pain on the left side of my head and my left ear...even if the phone is 4 feet away....right before it rings.
5. I am also sniffing Horse Radish in attempt to clear ustachian tubes.

I welcome feedback and plan to keep you posted.

Same for me! Sinus infection just over 2 months. I had low T before which was not a problem, but the Sinus infection ramped it up to level 10. Im awaiting a decent ENT and an MRI scan. Im going through the worst time in my life at the moment.

Cheers.

You are more than welcome and everything will be fine. Listen to the crickets when you want to and remember that is all you have to do to eliminate the sound and you are in control of your ears and yourself. Do something you may not of done before. Run a 5k. ride a bike a long ways and prove to yourself and your ears that you are the boss in your life and someday you may think of it as a blessing for all the positive things you would of not done before you had a noise in your ears. Really.

You are a very positive person! Im two months in, with added Sinus problems. I wont lie, its the toughest thing im going through. At the moment I feel the complete opposite of positive. I have been positive in previous days - going out with family etc, but im low at the moment. Hopefully I will come around and get back to my old self.

Cheers.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now