Skin Care Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Falconfox, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew, possibly nosie damage.
      So one of my new fears as of late is my skin care products, I made the mistake of looking up the ingredients and found all sorts of scary facts, my cleanser has salicylic acid which I know can cause temporary tinnitus and while I seriously doubt this has anything to do with my own tinnitus I am stil lnonetheless concerned. So does anyone use any natural facial cleansers and moisturizers? I've heard good things about lemons and coconut oil but honestly I'm at a paranoia level where even that worries me like how some people worry about foods. Pretty much anything new worries me sadly, gotta break that somehow.

2. ady

ady Member

Where have you read that skin care products can affect tinnitus? How do they pass through skin to blood stream?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew, possibly nosie damage.
      @ady Hmmm i've read one study dealing with topical absorbtion of salycidic acid which can absorb through the skin but only a little for relatively large doses and it had nothing to do with tinnitus. It just worries me to look at that long list of chemicals and then use it. I know i'm probably being too paranoid but what can you do.

4. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

For a face cleanser I often just use some good old fashioned witch hazel on a cotton ball. Have never had a problem with it.