Slap-Induced Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Steve G, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It also depends on the effect that T has on you. If you can just ignore it, then of course it makes sense to not take T into account. If, like me, you think that there are few things in this world worth risking a lifetime of louder T for, then you will not care about the benefit foregone.

2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Steve G Hi Steve: I have somatic electrical noise with a pulse. Sometimes it will be focused on my left side around the temple. Many with somatic tinnitus will have symptomatic tension signals from toughened muscles in the innervation area of the sensory trigeminal nerve related to the acoustic pathways. Diverse degrees of hearing loss is often found.

Those with somatic tinnitus will have one or more of the following. 1. History or onset of head and neck trauma. 2. Manipulation of the teeth, nerves in mouth, jaw and/or cervical spine. 3. Temporal coincidence. 4. Inadequate posture during rest. 5. Downward pressure of head.

Some treatments could include correcting posture, controlling downward head pressure and stretching of neck and head upwards. Light gentle facial, shoulder and neck muscle therapy. See post 20 - above.

3. Fernando

Fernando Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Rock Concert
      Hi Steve ,i got tinnitus in my left ear due a wife slap too 5 months ago.. do you feel any improvement from the onset to now?

Greetings!

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Steve G

Steve G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20th November 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to left ear made worse by ultrasonic dental clean 2019
      Hi Fernando, So sorry to read you got slapped. I am not sure if I am getting used to it or it has improved. My lybic system seems to accept it so I do not panic anymore. I sleep ok with no medications however my life will never be the same. The electrical noise and puffy feeling in my left ear are still there, the somatic input if I rub my jaw is still there, the noise sensitivity is still there, this condition is awful. Not many fully understand severe tinnitus and the related symptoms and changes in life we have to make. I get a bit tired of all the people who say they have tinnitus but when pressed in regards to their symptoms I know they have not suffered like many of us on this forum. Lucky them. Happy new year,and may we all find some peace in the new year. Chéers Steve

• Like Like x 1
    5. Jerad

Jerad Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication ototoxicity
      @PDodge, did your electrical zaps ever get better? And if so, how much and did you do anything to fix it?

I am experiencing the zaps and high pitch hissing that moves around from ear to ear, sometimes mild and sometimes aggressive. This started about 2 weeks ago. At the moment, the most annoying thing about it is the “zaps.” Sometimes they’re mild and sometimes violent where it feels like being electroshocked. Stops you dead in your tracks. The sound of it is like car breaks squealing and it intermixes with the hissing. And the length of each zap is about 1 or 2 seconds. It’s intrusive though because you never know when it’ll strike and can’t ignore it because it shocks your head.

• Hug Hug x 1