Sleeping Positions Affect My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by RachLouise, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Sayeed

Sayeed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/1/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure
      Thank you for the feedback. I have not looked into a chiropractor because of my fear they could make it worse but based on your feedback I will consider it now. It's interesting my tinnitus does change depending on how I sleep/position my neck. I have a new symptom where my hands fall sleep depending on my sleep position

Please do keep us posted on your sessions go.

2. NYCGuy
      Wishful

NYCGuy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck, Jaw or Stress, who knows.
      Due to COVID-19, they cancelled the appointment. Going tomorrow for my first adjustment.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RachLouise

RachLouise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Let us know how it goes! Remember it can take a little while to see results.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. NYCGuy
      Wishful

NYCGuy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Had my first adjustment and to be honest, it is hard to believe this will do anything. All they do is touch you very, very softly, you don't even feel it.

I will go three more times and let's hope for the best. For sure it is nothing of what I was expecting.

Tagging @Wrfortiscue.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RachLouise

RachLouise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      And that's NUCCA, @NYCGuy?

The company that took over it in London use a much more forceful method. I definitely felt the quick push which then followed 15 minutes of vertigo.

My appt the other day changed my tinnitus. I felt my bone move in my neck and the chiropractor commented that it was the biggest adjustment we've seen yet (it was my 4th). Since then my tinnitus has completely changed and the pressure in my ear is going down.

I think perhaps give it a little more time.

6. NYCGuy
      Wishful

NYCGuy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Seems the NUCCA I did is not the same. This guy only touched me on the side of the head. I thought this was going to be something totally different and really surprised me.

So far nothing has changed for me.

I will go a few more times and then move on to physical therapy and maybe another type of Chiropractor.