SO Glad I Stumbled Upon This Community! Tinnitus Started in 1998 After Having Lower Back Spasms

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pizzzzza, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Pizzzzza

Pizzzzza Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So, I was googling an ad for Tinnitus Pro - which came across my iPad screen while I was reading the news.

Naturally, I'm always very skeptical of anything that's a "cure" for tinnitus, since everyone on the planet has told me that it's incurable.

That's when I saw a thread on the Google search for this forum.

Just wish I had found it years ago.

Tinnitus is something I've had for so long that I can't really remember when it started, to be honest - it seems like it's always been there, especially times when I'm laying on the bed with no tv/radio on... and there it is... stereo ringing in my ears non-stop.

After consulting with various doctors, I realized there was nothing anyone could really do to help me.

I've researched over and over, and came to the conclusion that I would have to figure out what was best for me.

Over time, white noise of any kind has been my best friend when confronting this - especially when sleeping at night. It can be something as simple as the sound of a fan blowing, or a radio with the volume turned way down, to a white noise machine with various sounds. In the daytime, I really don't notice it as much due to constant background sounds/noises. It's mostly at night when trying to sleep.

I strongly encourage anyone with tinnitus to try white noise (of any kind) to help with sleeping - it's been working for me for years now.

One last thing - I really don't recall what exactly caused it or when - ballpark figure is 2005, but I really don't know if that's accurate or not.

In 1998, I started having lower back spasms, and started to develop allergies at the same time.

I suffer from allergies at least 4 times a year, and I personally think that has something to do with it - sinuses/neck bother me a lot during these times, and the tinnitus seems louder, especially after I blow my nose.

In addition, I had a bad case of migraine headaches around 2005, which took forever to get rid of until a doctor prescribed a medicine which I think was called Alprazolam - was a huge pill, but it knocked out my migraines almost overnight.

Sorry for all my rambling but I wanted to contribute what I know about tinnitus, and how I deal with it on a daily basis.

Thanks for listening...

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Welcome fren.