So It Has Been 8 Months for Now. Let's Look Back.

Discussion in 'Support' started by hanks, Dec 16, 2016.

1. hanks
      Cool

hanks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi.
      I posted some months ago about my brand new acquired, lovely tinnitus. I also wrote a lot about details because I was kind of panicked, as I had (have) not only tinnitus but other issues and doctors didn't (do not) know what's going on.

Even if my tinnitus (high-frequency pitch coming from inside my head) didn't improve, my brain got used more and more. It even didn't really bothered me for the entire last month. What an improvement! I heard it of course, but I didn't felt it like it was assaulting me anymore (most of the time at least). It just went with me.

For the last two days, it has become more much irritating. I don't know why. There wasn't any special event if my life. Nothing changed. I'm pretty sure the tinnitus didn't become "louder", it just seems that it takes more space in my head than before.

It feels like I jumped 6 back six months ago when I was struggling with my tinnitus and I didn't know how to manage it. Looking on the Internet so find some support, some stories about tinnitus. Things that reminds me that I'm not alone.

Also, I'd like to ask some questions. I'm not here for medical advice, but I'd like to try to understand some stuff and how the inner ear works.

All my symptoms appeared during April 2015.
      It started by a right eye issue (pain and little vision issue), then quickly followed by ear issues that suddenly came from nothing: pressure in my head, tinnitus, hyperacusis, vertigo, and clogged ears.
      The hyperacusis and clogged ear are more severe on the right side.

The thing that bothers me the most after all these months is clogged ears. They emit popping sound each time I swallow/yawn, even if I do that 20 times in a row.
      Sometimes, on the afternoon or evening, the right one is so much clogged that when I try to unclog it by sealing my nostrils with my fingers and blowing air from my nose, I have to "push" strongly and it unclogs with some difficulties, with a whistling sound, kind of like an airstream pushing through very small hole. If I stop blowing air, my ear clogs again instantly.

The clogged sensation is very much the same you can encounter during a flight or when you've got a cold.

I have seen an ENT (two actually) but they didn't find anything.

So my questions are: where do these clogging sensation and popping/crackling sounds come from? Can be permanent for any reason? Is there some known issues (I don't want to diagnose myself, just beeing curious about some part of me which don't work the way they should) wich associates clogged ears and other hearing issues like hyperacusis or tinnitus?