So Tired. Multiple Problems. Please Help.

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Melike, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Melike
      Studious

Melike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      17 / 03 /2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most probably TMJD and neck issues that came with it.
      I am so tired of my unexplained health problems and brand new paranoia. I seriously don't want to suffer anymore.

My tinnitus was getting quieter nowadays. So that's the only positive thing that happened. But I have other problems also;

1. I've been getting paranoid what if I have visual snow? I sometimes experience a flickering/trembling vision when looking at darker things. But it disappears when I look at them closely. Also I see static when I just turn the lights off, but then it gets normal too. Is it normal? I don't want to have another uncurable disease.

2. I see lots of flickering dots when I look at bright surfaces. They are not visual snow I believe, because they disappear quickly and another one comes into the picture. It looks quite similar to Blue Field Entoptic Phenomenon but I now notice them everywhere if it is bright enough. I also have eye strain / dry eyes and I use eye drops.

3. Once in a while, I experience a strange head pressure. Like my head will explode in a minute. It feels very close to my ears but it is not a pressure similar to we experience in airplanes etc. Feels like my head is trying to stretch. I can almost hear my blood work inside my body. Gets worse when I'm lying down. Also I get mild headaches. Could it be a migraine with/without aura?

PS: It generally happens when I am at my mum's house which is a little above than the sea level.

4. I used to have a morse code pattern tinnitus, but I used to hear it only in the morning and then it would disappear. When I experience the fullness/pressure/buzzing feeling above, my morse code tinnitus becomes dominant, gets really loud and changes into a more tonal one. Also, I could stop it by plugging my ears.

5. I also hear a clicking sound when I am walking. I don't know where it comes from in my head exactly, could be my ears, eustachian tube or neck. It is pretty rhythmic with my left steps.

6. Why everything gets shitty again when I just started to feel like I'm leaving this whole thing behind me. Will it continue like that? Sun will rise again, right?

I'm in a very dark place again. Anxiety and extreme panic took9 the control once again.

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Lots of hugs, @Melike.

Can you see an ophthalmologist? I have had vision problems since I was born, and floaters in my eyes since I was a child. Seeing static when turning off lights is normal, it even happens to my daughter. Her doctor told me this is very common, especially if you spend time looking at a computer or TV screen. I think seeing an eye doctor might help put you at ease with many of your eye concerns.

Your head pain sounds very similar to some of the migraines that I've had. When you have a headache, blood vessels in your head become more dilated -- causing more blood to pump. The position of your head, whether you are laying down or standing up, can make the pain better or worse. More blood pumping can also make tinnitus louder or sound different. Drinking lots of water can help but so can Tylenol.

I can relate to what seems like unending health issues. Just two years ago I temporarily lost my eyesight for several months. With my recent hearing loss, my doctors were concerned there may be an autoimmune link. I've been seeing doctors and undergoing testing at one of the best hospitals in the U.S. It seems we solved the puzzle of my eyesight, but there's a chance it could happen again. I try not to think about that or I'll truly panic.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Hi Melike
      My initial thoughts is you are just under a lot of stress, and couple that with depression, it's hard to think straight.
      I know when I was depressed about my T, things seemed to get blown out of proportion.
      It sounds like your T has made progress, and will continue to improve over time.
      If I were you, I would get a complete physical, and then get on a healthy diet and an exercise program.
      Exercise cures many ills and you will feel much better being proactive about your overall health.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      I'm going to give you some tough love.

Stop looking for a problem. It doesn't bother you so it's not even remotely a problem.

Very scientific attempt at creating a problem that doesn't exist. No.

At my work every single person has it. They're fine.

(It goes without saying that if any of your symptoms worsen contact your MP ASAP)

"Once in a while, I experience a strange head pressure. Like my head will explode in a minute. It feels very close to my ears but it is not a pressure similar to we experience in airplanes etc. Feels like my head is trying to stretch. I can almost hear my blood work inside my body. Gets worse when I'm lying down. Also I get mild headaches. Could it be a migraine with/without aura? "

Are those headaches in the morning? Back of your head? If so Check your blood pressure.

"PS: It generally happens when I am at my mum's house which is a little above than the sea level."

You should definitely check your blood pressure.

It will. Be strong.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Melike
      Studious

Melike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      17 / 03 /2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Thank you so much <3 @Tinker Bell

My opthalmologist said that my eyes are quite sensitive at the moment and prescribed me 2 eye drops. He doesn't speak too much, it is a bit impossible to hear what is wrong with your eyes from him. Maybe I'll try a different one next time.

I also have lots of floaters. They seem to be increasing but I can't really tell if its me focusing on them more these days.

I really have zero idea about my recent head pressure/pain thing. Most people said it could be migraine. It is still here but less intense. I have an appoinment with a neurologist this Friday, so I hope he makes things clear for me.

You are right, I shouldn't be thinking too much about these problems but Tinnitus turned me into a complete hypochondriac. Funny thing is I never had health anxiety before.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Melike
      Studious

Melike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      17 / 03 /2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am very good at this.

They are generally present all the time once I get them. My whole head but more intense at the back of my head. My BP is in normal ranges.

I got this head pressure/pain 2 times before. One of them was after starting
      Cipralex(Escitalopram) and the other one was again when I was in my mum's house which is in a different city and in a rural area. So there might be something that triggers it.

Thank you for the tough love :)

• Like Like x 1
    7. Zake
      Relaxed

Zake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I got something like the number 1 and 2 after a real bad migraine (that was more like a Transient Ischemic Attack) , already got used to it, get well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. CrazyT
      Benevolent

CrazyT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline and Quinine HCL
      Whatever you think, you are not alone. I'm suffering with very bad abdominal pain/headaches. Going to get a ultra sound scanning. Unfortunately, state sponsored healthcare is slow and overloaded here. Will have to wait 3 weeks before they will even look at me. The pain comes and goes every few hours for me, and I've been sick for 7 weeks now. God help me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey Melike,
      first of all... YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!
      i am one of those cases where i wish tinnitus was my only problem.
      my symptoms:
      -Bi lateral tinnitus that spikes to certaint sustances
      -Constant Visual Snow ( yes i have the dots, the poor vision in the dark, Blue Field Entoptic Phenomenon, dry eyes, eye pain, etc etc...
      -Morning stiffness
      -Joint Pain ( Awful pain sometimes, shooting paings, burning sensations, paresthesia etc etc)
      -Brain fog ( Sometimes i forget stuff, feel weird, anxiety, headaches, pressure... etc)

1 year and a half and still have not answears, my MRI was perfect...
      i have talked to other members in here with similar issues, all of them have been diagnosed with Lyme...
      Still guessing if i have lyme or fibro... get tested. dont lose hope, remain strong and dont worry waaay to much.

i just had a great weekend, went out to a bar, cinema, hang out with my friends, spent some time with my family... ive been traveling these past weeks work related,
      im enjoying life even with this awful symptoms... you can do it too.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1991 (Low level). Worse Dec 2017 to Now
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear injury (paintball) 1991. 2017 > Onwards Cause? Not sure.
      Multiple health problems here to, Sinus and Tinnitus. Certainly drains energy and motivation. Good luck to us all!

11. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      1) I have this as well. I think its related to Tinnitus.
      2) Same here. I see them when I look at the sky. Didnt have this either. Related to T
      3) I dont have this
      4) No idea about this
      5) Interesting
      6) I dont understand this either. I was completely healthy and look at me now. Why aren't we teaching people about T is beyond me, not only is T bad, but you get Visual Snow, Eye Floaters, Flickering vision, and whole bunch of other really really bad stuff.

12. fran dana
      No Mood

fran dana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      origin unknow.2016 get worse because of work in armament lab
      I have both tinnitus and visual snow. considering that I study an audiovisual career it's a problem. For some reason, however, I want to continue because that is what I like.
      in my case I think it's best to live this day by day. I try to associate the problem instead of evading it. I have slept with plugs to only hear that insistent noise in my head, I walk down the street with the same plugs even though there is not much noise outside. I don't know if it's an advice but it's what I do.

regards!

13. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      try your best to not stressing too much about your health. I did this and it made everything worse and then out of the blue and by total surprise, I got my first panic attack. what that means is while I was sitting at my desk reading about health issues, my heart rate jumped up to 160 bpm. I was wearing an apple watch so thats a accurate number. called 911 because I thought it was a heart attack. since then I have anxiety panic disorder. once you get your first attack, it like opens this door to more and to anxiety and it really messes with you, so try not to obsess to much to prevent getting anxiety panic disorder. And if you have trouble obsession over these things, a really good book that helped me is called Stop Obsessing.

I dont know much about visual anomalies but I do know what its like being a hypochondriac and want to help you prevent getting another ailments. something that helps calm me down easily and quickly is alcohol-free liquid Passion Flower drops.