Sobril for Thailand Trip

Discussion in 'Support' started by meeruf, May 14, 2016.

1. meeruf
      Badass

meeruf Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diving
      Hi guys.

I'm going to Thailand in 3 weeks. This time I will stay there for six weeks. Will be fantastic. :D

However. I'm pretty paranoid for my ears. If some shit happens while I'm there, like a really bad spike or something worse, I don't know if I will ever get back on an airplane back home.

Do you think a doctor will bother to prescribe some Sobril to take the edge of? Just in case some bad stuff would happen? Would really help on the "just in case" stress I feel right now.

2. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      Stress can be dealt with in better ways than popping pills mate :)
      Sobril isn't gonna protect you from ear damage, but being smart about flying will.
      Protect your ears on the flight, perhaps with bose headphones and get those earplane plugs for the descent. Also chew some candies/gum.
      Load up on magnesium and Nac, plus lots of vitamins.
      Enjoy Thailand!

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      meeruf
      Badass

meeruf Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diving

Yeah, I'm not planning to use them for flying. I don't mind flying. It's just in case I get the same spike I had three years ago. Trust me man, that was some heavy shit. I almost ripped my head off at peak. I can't even imagine how I could get on an airplane with that type of spike if it happened again. I would freak out, no doubt.

By the way. I'm traveling solo.

4. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      I guess you can buy ANY kind of drugs, steroids and whatnot in Thailand :)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      meeruf
      Badass

meeruf Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diving

You probably can. But I rather get that stuff in Norway. That type of medicine is subsidized in Norway anyways. Probably cheaper here then in Thailand. :)

6. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Sobril is oxazepam? Pretty hardcore benzo.
      If you feel you might need it, definitely get some, might make your mood better on your trip.
      But make sure you bring your doctor's prescription along, oxazepam is a controlled substance pretty much everywhere in the world, you don't want to run in any trouble at airports.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      meeruf
      Badass

meeruf Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diving

Yeah, I know it's pretty hardcore. I had one session with them when I first got my ear trauma three years ago. Never used them again, but they really helped me take the edge off at the beginning.

As I said, I have no intention in using them for fun. They are just a "just-in-case" weapon if something shit should happen in Thailand, so I can get home. It's a long way home.