Sound Absorbing Cubicles Are Torture

Discussion in 'Support' started by canyonero, Nov 20, 2015.

1. canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      I work a job where I have to sit in a cubicle behind a desk for a lot of the day. This is the worst possible environment to be in for T sufferers. The longer I sit still in a quite room the louder my T gets and it makes it impossible to concentrate. Does anyone else experience this?

2. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      Hi Canyonero, do you have the ability to listen to music at work? I have a small device called MagicBox that I can connect to my smartphone via Bluetooth that takes my mind off tinnitus all day. Talk to your bosses and coworkers about your tinnitus and I bet they will understand. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      I could probably try. I didn't get enough sleep and was having a massive T and H spike yesterday. It was much better today.

• Like Like x 1
    4. I work in an office all alone but it doesn't bother me that much. I can always "tune in" to it if I want but I don't do that. I've said it before, working in an office is actually good for habituation because it's sink or swim, essentially it is forced habituation. You have to tune it out to get your work done.

• Agree Agree x 1