Spike Every Four Days

Discussion in 'Support' started by Larry OT, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Larry OT
      No Mood

Larry OT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Volume, meds and motorcycles
      T is never the same volume in a day and spikes every 4 days.
      Anyone live this?
      It goes to zero sometimes, but comes back so hard. What being suppressed and released over time?
      Winning answer gets a million $.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AntonR
      Balanced

AntonR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Pretty much in your same boat, wish I knew the answer, Mine will drop down so low that I'm not bothered by it what so ever, literally impossible to hear until I go to bed. Then it'll shoot up like it has for these past 4 days out of the blue and even becomes reactive.. All I can do is wait for it to go back down :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @AntonR
      Do you know what frequency?
      What caused your T?

4. AntonR
      Balanced

AntonR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      No cause that I can think of, just started up one night (august 28th to be specific). Fairly high pitched, couldn't really find anything that produced a similar sound frequency wise. Feels like its right in the center of my head more than my ears.

I do have a slight history of motorcycles, shooting (although I always wore ear protection). I guess it could be due to noise exposure however I have absolutely no hearing loss and the night it came on i wasn't exposed to anything particularly loud so I dont believe its due to acoustic trauma.

5. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Hey Larry,
      If you are getting a spike every 4 days then what, in your world, happens every 4 days? What do you think happens repeatedly on your biological or environmental clock?
      Around the year 1988 I was having a reoccuring headaches and sudden spikes at 11:45 am every single day for almost a year. This was only happening on my work days.
      I wondered if it was something to do with waking up with a sore neck. But my waking times were slightly different, even on my working days. After thinking about it more, I concluded it must have been something I was eating since my eating patterns on my working days were very different from my days off. My actual activity on my day off was not that different since the job was not physically demanding. So I narrowed it down to something I was eating. My morning breakfast breaks were always at different times. Why would the T and headache come at exactly the same time every day? So I thought harder about what I was eating or drinking at an exact time every day. Then it hit me. The only thing I was doing every working day at the same time was walking in the door at the beginning of my shift and getting in the coffee pot. Just like clockwork.
      There are many things that spike my T. I'd known for years that coffee was one of them. But this finally made me quit the habit.

6. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Sounds more psychological in nature than anything to me.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I may be crazy. I don't doubt that.

8. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Sorry...I didn't mean it that way. I just thought maybe it could be driven by anxiety. Maybe once your your anxiety levels come down you will get more of the quiet days in row. I really have no clue though. This thing frustrates me to no end as I'm sure it does for all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nothing different happens.
      If anything its a reactive anxiety that builds but why T gets going from 4/10 start on a bad day to 10/10 by days end is hard to take.
      Then it slowly quiets down over the next day.
      I'm sick of it.

10. Marcini
      Dreaming

Marcini Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      I too have unpredictable spike days like today. Seems worse after stress, anxiety or poor sleep. It's unpredictable though to say the least.