Spike from Anxiety Permanent?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sparkle92, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Sparkle92

Sparkle92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/16, constant since 3/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus, Allergies, TMJ, Stress
      I am experiencing a major spike in my tinnitus after a life event that caused me anxiety and stress. I am unable to sleep through the night because it's so loud. Will this spike end if the anxiety lessens? It's been a day but I'm worried. Idk if I can get used to this level of loudness, it cuts through my white noise generator as well as every other sound. Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Sparkle92,
      It should settle back to your base sound.
      You need to be as relaxed as possible and off load stress as that will help you.
      Keep soft music or sounds on around you and throughout the night if it helps you sleep.
      Try lavender on your pillow help relax you and the seance of smell is a great distraction.
      If your anxiety does not settle then maybe talking therapy will help and a short course of meds to get through this this tough patch....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Sparkle92 . tinnitus spikes come and go. It will come down to baseline again . Try not to panic I know this is easier said the done. But strees will make your tinnitus worse. This won't be permanent.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I seriously doubt a spike from anxiety would be permanent. A spike from acoustic trauma (very loud noise exposure) or from ototoxic medications can be.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sparkle92

Sparkle92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/16, constant since 3/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus, Allergies, TMJ, Stress
      Thanks everyone. I will try to relax and exercise to help with my stress. I tend to panic when it gets bad which I know doesn't help the situation. I think I'm always worrying because I'm young and am constantly thinking what if it gets worse.

6. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      @Sparkle92,

Since you're young, you probably have a much better chance of it getting better than worse. Hang in there and let your body heal.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1