Spike Has Already Lasted for 4 Weeks

Discussion in 'Support' started by Scott T, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      Has anyone had a spike lasting for 4 weeks? Mine is at that point.

Granted that I have allergies and am having surgery tomorrow. So I don’t know what it is at this point.

I took 6 pills of augmentin a month ago for an infection and it's listed as safe.

I have taken more potent antibiotics with no effect. I just don’t understand what’s going on.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Scott T,
      Are you taking antihistamines and nasal spray for your aĺlergies or inhalers if asthma etc ?

3. BobK544

BobK544 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      suspect sulfur medication
      Scott, yes i'm in the middle of one right now and i've learned the hard way that its very difficult to know the cause and effect as there seem to be different types of T conditions. For example, if you think your T was caused by an ototoxic reaction or by a noise effect, you might have different reactions to what you eat or do and in my case, i was trying to find an alternative to sugar and tried honey and cinnamon and i think they triggered my current spike, but again its very hard to know for sure as i might just be in a particular phase of a particular T up and down cycle. So when this happens, i go back to avoiding salicylates, salt and sugar as much as i can and when it really gets bad, i use a 14k masker at night. And so for a bottom line, i think T goes in cycles and we might attribute a cause and effect from something we eat or do as a benefit or not, when in essence we're just in a repeating cycle of some kind and knowing this might be able to help avoid the crushing disappointments i/we go through on a regular basis.

Here are some observations that @_Chris meticulously took that helped me realize that some of us might be caught up in a painful biological cycle which might cause us to incorrectly associate cause and effect ect:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...ics-and-how-it-has-evolved.13942/#post-341299
      upload_2018-6-3_19-47-35-png.png