Spike? Was Woken Up by Screeching Tinnitus — a Tone on Top of Hissing

Discussion in 'Support' started by lolkas, Feb 5, 2017.

1. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Hey folks.

Damn, was woken up by screeching T. I am hearing tone on top of hissing. Did anyone had this before ?

11 hours earlier I was walking on the street and a damn truck horned multiple times (I have covered my ears but few horns I was unable to catch). I haven't noticed any spikes right away or earfullness / etc. I was on my way to clothing store and went in there. Music was playing there as in most of these clothing stores and I kept away from speakers too. I was able to easily hear people talking 10 ft away and they weren't screaming so I think music was on normal levels. Been in the store for about 30 min max. Came home - same hissing. But now is 5:30 a.m. and for past 30 min my T is much louder. Trying to keep it "cool" but it is hard :/

Thoughts? Should I consider getting prednisone asap ? I used prednisone for two weeks in Oct 2016 and Nov 2016, each time two weeks cycle. Last time because of spike.

If I get prednisone now, isn't going to be considered as "too often" to be used at this point ?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Just as an update floks: it kindasettled abit by morning, however it came back to same levels again :(

• Hug Hug x 2
    3. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sorry to hear @lolkas.
      Mine spikes regularly overnight - especially if I am woken before I've gone through a sleep cycle or sometimes if I have a nap during the day (and with 7 month old twins, I still get woken in the night).
      Touch wood, the spikes always settle if I can get back to sleep, but sometimes I get anxious about the tinnitus and can't go back to sleep, then I have to take a low dose of Oxazepam which helps to settle it down and get me off to sleep again.
      I've always got that niggling feeling that it won't go back to normal and being stuck with my 'night' tinnitus during the day would be a whole different ball game to how it is currently....
      It scares me that my body is capable of making such a noise....

• Like Like x 1