Spreading Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Richard Wallace, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Richard Wallace
      Thinking

Richard Wallace Member

I hope this makes sense. It started mainly in my left ear. It then slowly got worse and then spread over to my right ear, although the left ear is worse. I could only hear it on the sides of my head/ears. Now for the past month or so it feels like it's moved all over inside my head. Now it feels like my whole head inside is a ringing sphere/chamber! I use a white noise sound machine for night time use. Where I had the volume setting doesn't work anymore to mask the T. I can still sleep some, but wake up quite a few times a night. Has anyone else had that spreading of the T to where the whole inside of your head feels like it's ringing constantly, or is this a fairly common trait? I also have ear pressure/pain and dizziness associated with this junk............... Rich

2. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Hi... I've had tinnitus since February 18th this year do I'm new. But I did feel like you... At the beginning it was all over my brain and the pressure was bad. Now it shifts from one ear to the other then both... Sometimes is very low sometimes it spikes .., not a joke... Trying to habituate to it but still hope for it to diminish or go away

3. Mark Beehre
      Facebooking

Mark Beehre Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008 // 11/2014
      After enough time has passed tinnitus will move from your ear to your brain. This may be why you get the impression that you can feel it or that it's in both ears. Eventually you will get used to it. Don't be alarmed by it though, this is an important part of the cycle to habituation. :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      @Mark Beehre how is your tinnitus? How long you had it for? Is it better now? Do you hear it all the time? Sorry for all the questions

5. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      huh? what?
      T is always in the brain...

• Helpful Helpful x 1