Sputtering Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by My T Sucks, Feb 7, 2014.

1. My T Sucks

My T Sucks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unbearable spikes since July 2012
      I'm hoping that someone else has had this...
      The T that has plagued me since July 2012 is not a constant pitch. It mostly in my left ear and seems to sputter at a random tempo. If my car's engine ran like this, I'd bring it to the mechanic for a tune-up.
      Is this normal?

2. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I have it often in the very low frequencies. I had it today. My son was playing the fiddle in another room, you could hardly hear him, but both of my ears were 'sputtering.' Actually it must be H I guess. The frequencies rumble around way down low when I hear fiddles, girls singing, whistles, anything high pitched. This is in addition to my constant companion who screams in both ears all the time.
      This is what rock and roll does to you, kids.

• Hug Hug x 2
    3. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      In the evening I get thumping noises, fluctuating rumbles and the one I hate the most....a lightsabar noise swinging around my head! I'm fine with my regular constant tinnitus, but these other noises are so unpredictable its hard to ignore, but its more an irritation now, before it would leave me terrified.

All in all tinnitus doesn't control me anymore, at the most it can be irritating, most of the time it doesn't bother me.

• Winner Winner x 1
    4. demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      My T is never one sound, constantly different tones and multiple at one time.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Raul
      Inspired

Raul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      when i got T first it was just one sound but then and specially when I'm under stress it turns to different tones!

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      My left ear hisses at me only in the quiet.. And my right ear goes eeeeee real faintly and hisses with kinda a chime sound..sometimes i think it goes shhhhh too lol idk so much to keep up with just glad i can only here it in the quiet or when i plug my ears

7. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Omg lightsaber is a good way to describe that.. The chime i hear sounds more like a lightsaber when i listen to it then a chime

8. michela
      Dramaqueen

michela Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      oh man, i wish i could turn back time for you back to the 70s and tell you to wear earplugs!:(

9. DrTCH

DrTCH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2013 ??
      I've been trying to establish if I've been suffering from tinnitus. Over maybe the last couple of years, I have had this constant SHHHHH sound in both years, even as--very recently--I've lost some of my hearing...especially in the R ear, and especially in the high freq. range. The "shhhh" has not been worrisome...though I suspect that this amounts to a minor case of tinnitus. The sound is very similar to what is known as "white noise" by sound engineers and people in the broadcasting industry....and might possibly relate to my hydrocodone regimen for back pain.

On the other hand, you might be interested in hearing that seeing my family chiropractic doctor (one of my professional colleagues) more frequently, and a visit to a top Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor two weeks ago (acupuncture and a customized Chinese herbal prescription), has led to real improvement. While I am awaiting a full audiometric exam (a referral from my GP), which is about to materialize within the next two weeks, my hearing seems to be about what it was before I noticed the loss, which--naturally--has been quite gratifying. HOORAY!! ; )

10. DrTCH

DrTCH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2013 ??
      I do understand that, in cases like this, the earlier the treatment, the better. HOORAY!! ; )