Stay Strong You Wonderful People...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Pumpkin, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Pumpkin
      Batty

Pumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      I am 3 months in with tinnitus after an ear infection which perforated my eardrum. To say things have got easier would be a lie, I'm just better at faking it!! This forum has been a wonderful support to me, knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. Every day when I wake, I hear the T and start the battle all over again. I pray one day to wake to silence knowing the battle is over. Every single one of you are in my hopes and prayers and I know in my heart we will see a day when our silence is returned. I just felt the need to reach out to you all knowing you are the few who truly understand. Lots of love to you all.xxxx

• Hug Hug x 8
      • Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Brian Reade
      Cheerful

Brian Reade Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      after chiropractic neck adjustment
      Thank you, pumpkin.
      I was just thinking something similar as I was logging on. Each morning I make a decision to be happy and to have a good day and to be nice to other people. I do not let my tinnitus or car problems or bills or other things influence who I will be or what my mood will be.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Please know that you are in our hopes and prayers too Pumpkin..
      I do so very hope things improve for you.

• Like Like x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thank you for your post @Pumpkin. Yes we need to stay strong. Like you, Mr T is reminding me in the morning that he is there lurking. We need to stay strong in front of this bully. Move on and enjoy our day instead of caving into a mental blackhole. We need to be positive to minimize T in our life. Finding joy amid the pain is the way to go for me. Try to live our life abundantly to bury T and its negativity.

5. Empress27
      Artistic

Empress27 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Hi Pumpkin. Both my eardrums perforated on the weekend - pain would be an understatement! I am getting much better now and they are no longer sore, but the tinnitus spiked madly. It's still loud in my left ear and I'm hoping that as my deafness subsides, the tinnitus will tone down a bit. I've lived with it for almost two years now. Some days I hardly notice it, some days I don't at all. The days which I do notice it tend to be quite miserable. I'm trying hard not to let it influence my moods, so I know how you feel. Rain sounds in the background work for me, or my bubble fish lamp. I hope you find something that works for you. Feel free to message if you ever want a chat. :)