Still Not Going Away :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Claire S, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Claire S
      Fine

Claire S Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone. My tinnitus started about 6 weeks ago, and is still going pretty strong despite some improvement that happened a couple of weeks ago. I've been using nasal spray, which seemed to help at first, but now doesn't seem to be helping as much. I started taking zoloft about 2 weeks ago for unrelated anxiety issues, and starting the medication seemed to make it come back stronger. Maybe it's just that my body is getting used to the medicine and is under stress now.

In any case, it's a pretty frustrating and scary feeling. I really thought it was just going to disappear. I am not 100% sure where it came from and just really wish it would go away. Hopefully, if it never goes away, I'll just get used to it, but I have such an anxious personality I wonder if that will ever be possible.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Sorry about your struggle with T. But 6 weeks is still a relative short time for T recovery. Whether T will fade, disappear, or whether you habituate to it eventually can depend on how we react to it. Our reaction can dictate the stress and anxiety level which can affect T accordingly. Try your best not to count the days nor compare with others. Each person is different. It has been said that mostly the ears will take 6 months or so to settle, and may take 18 months or more for some people to have more stability enough to feel better. I took about 2 years to feel more stable and another year to finally feel good enough to write my success story. So try your best to be patient and to stay positive. You can try masking, diet change, or take some supplements to help your T but everything takes time to have some effect. So focus on living your life again and not why T hasn't disappear. The more distraction the better.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Kayla L
      Depressed

Kayla L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 13, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/TMJ/Anxiety/Stress