Success in 4 Months

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by skn, Dec 15, 2015.

1. skn

skn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/06/2015
      It is completely gone? NO. However, it has diminished in volume from Day 1.
      Not sure how I got this...could have been my: head injury, 2 loud concerts back to back, sinus infection, antibiotic with sinus infection, or all of the above!

What has helped: I've tried a number of items, but the ones that have helped me are - Lipoflavinoids, Vicpoctine, and magnesium. Actually found much success drinking a glass of red wine in the evening, and have found the next day the sound has diminished.

It's still there, and I notice it everyday. It doesn't both as much as it did in the beginning. In the beginning it was disturbing, and I couldn't focus. Hang tight if you just got it -- it will slowly get better.

• Like Like x 3
    2. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      What caused yours in the first place?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. Hunszi
      Alone

Hunszi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 (got worse in 20,21)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      If you are don`t know what particulary caused your T, then you are a lucky T "sufferer", because it`s just a mild stuff. Believe me if you had some severe T the moment when you`ve got it would be burned into your brain forever. The moment, the day, the hour, the place.

Protect your ears from now on.

My T just started like yours, I really don`t know when it started I have just guesses, but when it got louder...that moment what I`ll never forget in a million years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Very true. Anyone with severe tinnitus, in most cases never forgets the day month and year that it started.
      Michael

5. Andersson
      Worried

Andersson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Now this is just wrong.
      I don't know what caused mine, could be sound, could be other things.There was no loud sound linked weeks before mine started 1 day at home doing nothing really.

It was severe, could hear it over everything and took me over a year to start accepting it and move on.
      So how you can call that "lucky" sufferer is beyond me, and frankly rude towards plenty of people.
      I still remember the date and that it was before lunch it started, just because I don't know 100% WHAT caused it does not make it any different.

Same reason I have a hard time with my relapse now that started beginning of November. I have no link to that either.
      It was not loud sound or sound at all linked to it. But it got worse.

Please explain how I am lucky just because I don't know my cause of why it started or the reason my spike started now.

• Like Like x 2
    6. Hunszi
      Alone

Hunszi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Andersson
      Lucky sufferer...because if she or anybody else reach habituation in just 4 months, than we are not speaking about sever T at all. (lucky for her)

For me on my 4 month mark after my volume increase I just wondered how I want to die...even though I had 7 YEARS of T experience before the increase...and now after 8month I`m still having such a bad days that I want to end my whole life sometimes. (It doesn`t matter that I`m slowly a T veteran, 8 years...) So yes...it`s rude to say that, but I know what I`m talking about when I say "lucky sufferer".

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Hunszi
      Alone

Hunszi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Andersson...I don`t know how old are you, but my whole life is f*cked up because of this. I`m just in my 20s and I have it already for 8 years....Just try to imagine that. I never ever experienced a quite peaceful life just when I was at elementary school. (I fear to think what will come with aging). So yes...lucky sufferer whose T kicks in at the age of 50-60, lucky sufferer who has just mild T so he/she can live a normal life, lucky sufferer who don`t want to die because of this, lucky sufferer who can mask it, lucky sufferer "I could write a million things here"

8. Andersson
      Worried

Andersson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      I got mine at 27. It heard it over everything. After more then a year I habituated with loads of struggle. I lived the last 3 years good with it. Now I am back to square 1. It screams and I feel like life is over again.

But does it help me to tell myself that others are more lucky. No.
      Of I would prefer a milder T. But now I don't have that.

And just because you don't know what started someone's T does make make it less or more loud.

I have a hard time seeing myself habituate again like I did before. But it can be done. I can give up and complain or try and push myself. I have a ton of setbacks every day. But i also know that it is possible in time.

But not gonna argue. Don't gain anything by being negative.

9. Hunszi
      Alone

Hunszi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I don`t want to argue either and I know I`m rude...but I just had enough from this. This whole stuff is left their mark on me. No gf and slowly no friends just this "poor youuu, I feel your struggle" fellows...I hope you have a person who supports you in your dark days.

I just had enough to watch that the guys at my age has just the problem what shoe to wear at tonight`s party or which beer to choose and going to parties every weekend without any problems and God just crushing my life into pieces...

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      skn

skn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/06/2015
      Allow me to clarify for everyone. I'm not a lucky sufferer, why? Because I still have it! It was severe in the beginning, how anyone could jump to the conclusion that I didn't or haven't suffered needs to rethink their words. In the beginning it was so loud,I wanted to take my own life... Is this what you needed to read? Yes, it was loud and disrupted my life. I had to hang in. Since then it has diminished. There are days when it increases in volume; however I don't allow it to stop my life. I still drink, go to concerts and loud restaurants (with earplugs), travel and all the other joys in life. I tend to see the glass half full, which I believe helps.

Now the fact that I'm not sure how I got T does not make me lucky. If anything, it make me aware of how easily this can happen to anyone.

11. Robert44

Robert44 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      got mine April 24 2015, loud concert . Never will forget that stupid concert and that night and the next day

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock Disorder (TTTS)
      09/24/2015 at work with a grenade launcher... I received an other great gift : H :)

13. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      Ditto Robert. -- Sept 15, 2015 and all because of a dumb thing I was doing at a very loud concert.

I'm 3.5 months in and it is still at the same level, however, I am hopeful that it won't bother me as much soon (within 6 months).

14. Robert44

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      Hi, You'll get used to it. hang in there. I hardly notice it anymore during the day. My only fear is that it might get worse someday.

15. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      Thanks Robert. I look forward to that phase.

I think the damage was done at that concert but I do still wear earplugs just in case at amusement parks, loud movies, etc.

I'm tempted to go see a concert again (with ear plugs of course) but am going to hold off on that for a while..

16. Robert44

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      [QUOTE="John Meyer

My ears were ringing really bad that night after the concert and the next day. The left side stopped but the right side never did. That's the story. Still ringin. It's actually amazin how the brain gets used to it. For a couple of weeks I was ready to end it all. I was a mess. couldn't sleep etc......

17. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      Your work definitely sounds a bit more exciting than mine!

• Like Like x 1
    18. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I don't know what caused my tinnitus. I suppose it's on the milder end because I can still sleep most nights but it does spike very loudly during the day on and off and is reactive to sounds. I can hear it over the TV and have difficulty masking as noise makes it worse. I don't know if you're more lucky if you don't know the cause. At least knowing the cause can offer some treatment options. If you don't know, its more like "wait and see" approach which can be equally frustrating..