Sudafed Makes My Tinnitus Go Away?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marias21, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      I've been taking Sudafed for 3 days now and I notice that my t go away for a few hours ( last night from 9 pm to 4am) if this is permanent can Sudafed do this

• Like Like x 3
    2. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Lucky ! Keep us updated pls.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. EddyLee
      Tolerant

EddyLee Member

Tinnitus Since:
    4. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Good for you.
      Here's a strange (maybe not so strange) connection.
      Sudafed is for congestion.
      The other day I was talking with my dad and he grabbed his ear lobe and started going in circles. I looked at him funny, he said the doctor told him to do it for his ringing ears, that he has congestion. ?????????

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      maby ive talk to soon my T is going crazy right now its 12 am here

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      Afrin and Sudafed has helped diminish my T too. If your T is caused by a sinus/ear infection it's very likely these meds would offer relief.

7. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      I agree - Sudafed calms my T down. But I don't think you can take it long-term. Have you tried inhaling menthol crystals? If you are congested that helps clear the sinuses. I think that is a good sign that your T is not permanent and also the reason for it, which is half the battle. Ask your doctor about taking it all the time.

Don't worry if it doesn't clear them right away. Congestion can take ages to clear and T even more so. But if it's already helping it's a good sign.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      I don't understand why last night my ear was ringing ive been taken Sudafed every 6 hours im really started. To believe that my t is here to stay. :(

9. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Give it time. If it is linked with congestion then it can take months to go away - unfortunately. Good news is you felt it go for a little while - that is a good indicator it is not permanent. Try inhaling the menthol crystals. I have done this for two days and my ears go mad: I can feel them moving like crazy. It really clears the sinuses. Try not to worry - I think yours will sort itself out, but be aware it could take some months.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      My cousin who is a pharmacy technician told me to stop taking Sudafed becuse that cause ringing in the ear so im wondering what I can take that safe and will help

11. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      My advice would be to go back to the doctor and see if they can give you anything else that will help you decongest. Unfortunately I am in the same boat as you and they basically gave me a nasal spray and said I would have to be patient, so unfortunately I don't think there's much they can do

12. __nico__
      No Mood

__nico__ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      chemo/barotrauma/noise/autoimmune disorder
      Sudafed does nothing for me.