Sudden Huge Spike Out of Nowhere in Left Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tomuk, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Tomuk

Tomuk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I've had tinnitus for 5 years now, It has gradually gotten worse with more tones in my right ear than i can keep count of and the left 3 or 4. My right ear has always been worse recently the last couple of years i have managed to live life effectively coping and able to look past it to focus on the rest of my life, the first couple of years i had it i went into a depression which literally tore my life apart and changed the way i live i thought i was moving on and it had stopped getting worse. That is until tonight out of the completely out of the blue my left ear has a loud high pitch tone that is completely out of the normal for my tinnitus, I live on my own but i was in such a panic i tried to call the only family member i have left (embarrassingly in tears) but they just said go to the doctor. How could i make them understand that i feel like I'm am on the verge of losing my mind and panicking so bad i was seriously thinking of ways i could end my life? I don't have the words anymore to describe even to myself how unfair and cruel this condition is and the way it sucks every last bit of happiness and hope out of you. I don't know what to do anymore I don't know how to cope with this merry go round from hell i have been on so many times building myself back up over years to just get knocked back down again

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. MCB
      Sunshine

MCB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      You're not alone with this condition. I've also had it for five years and while I have it in both ears, only my left side is bad. Let me rephrase that; my left side is really bad. There's probably nothing I can tell you that you don't already know other than I hope your left side calms down soon!

3. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Your family member cannot really comprehend what you are going through but they were right to recommend that you see a doctor. Although, your doctor will probably not be able to really comprehend either. I think that most of the people in the world who can comprehend are here on this forum so come here and talk to us. We know the panic and the despair and the suicidal thoughts so come here to vent. Have you been to a psychologist for help? I think that was the only doctor who actually helped me. Hang in there.