Sudden New (3rd) Tinnitus Tone, It's Been More Than a Month — Am I Stuck with This Forever?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tasty, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Tasty
      Feminine

Tasty Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Visual Snow Syndrome, possibly TMJD/Cervical Instability
      Hi y'all.

I've had tinnitus since I was 4 years old (16 currently). I have Visual Snow Syndrome as well, my cause is most likely neurological (Cortical hyperexcitability/Thalamocortical Dysrhythmia). I've done various tests, everything came out fine.

I've had some bad periods this year, but I managed to deal with it until 23rd October this year. I basically did nothing, I was chatting with a friend, boom, from one moment to another moment, I got ear fullness and such a strange hiss (around 12 kHz). It was loud at first but got lower and lower, but it stayed, and is still louder than my usual tinnitus (2 tones). It has been gone a few times. After the onset it was gone for a few hours, last week it was gone for about 3-4 days but it came back, and honestly I'm getting really sad right now.

I immediately visited 2 ENTs, both said it's most likely flu/cold / ETD. When I asked if it will go away, they said it can take up to 3 months to resolve, but I'm just so anxious, that it will stay. I honestly have enough of that shit now. I'm sitting here with 3 tinnitus tones.

The ENT prescribed me cortisone nasal spray. I've taken it for 2 weeks, but have had no major improvement.

My sinus cold got better, tinnitus is still there, but sometimes it varies in intensity. I have no clue how long will it take, what if it doesn't go away? My head is spinning constantly, with this feeling of anxiety and pressure on my chest, but no one can estimate how long it'll take to resolve, I'm very pessimistic now.

I just hope, I'm not stuck forever with a third tinnitus tone...

All the best.

2. Robster
      Irritated

Robster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Jan 2021 MRI, Worsened Nov 2021 Vaccine, Oct 2023 Smoke Alar
      Sorry to piggyback on this, but I am wondering this as well. I had the Pfizer vaccine Tuesday and woke Wednesday with a second tone in my right ear.

Can spike related additional tones go away?