Sudden Onset of Pulsatile Tinnitus — It's Kept Coming and Going

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sevda, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Sevda

Sevda Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi! Yesterday, while I was sitting and watching a movie on PC, I noticed pulsatile tinnitus in my ears. It lasted almost one hour. After I got up and did some cleaning at home it disappeared. But night time it came back again and I was very panicked. I took Xanax for my anxiety and after two hours I went to sleep. I woke up after 5 hours and the pulsatile tinnitus started again.

When I Google pulsatile tinnitus, it's very scary. I don't even know what to do. Any suggestions anyone, please? Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. Lucy B
      Dancing

Lucy B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Plaquenil (Hydroxychloroquine)
      I have regular tinnitus and over the years I have had symptoms of pulsatile off/on. It's seem to come on when I am stressed.

So I do a 7-10 minute meditation to calm me down and it helps.

My cardiologists monitors it. He feels it is common & nothing wrong with my heart. Maybe a cardiologist could be helpful.

Lucy

4. AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Botched lumbar puncture, CSF leak
      I have developed pulsatile tinnitus in the last month. It is none of the sounds in that link though. It is just my normal tinnitus (whatever it is that day) but it revs in time with my pulse. Today I have a high pitch pure tone ring, so that is wavering with my tinnitus. On days where my tinnitus is more like a hiss, it is the hiss that pulses with my heartbeat. No idea what this means.

• Good Question Good Question x 1