Sudden Tinnitus for No Apparent Reason

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JoelJayBheringer, Jul 31, 2014.

1. JoelJayBheringer

JoelJayBheringer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Hi my name is Joel and I have been experiencing a loud ringing at about 12.65 kHz for about 2 weeks now. I have had a series of respiratory infections over the last eight months but nothing lately. I can attain temporary relief by massaging my ears / neck and conversely increase the noise by opening my jaw as far as I can. I have noticed various sounds in my hearing while in complete silence in the past much like the grainy black my eyes see in a dark room but this is different, its actually disruptive to my hearing for sounds close the tone of the tinnitus. Going to see an ENT as soon as I get home to Melbourne (currently living overseas) but this has driven me crazy at night while trying to sleep, I keep moving my head at work to try and relieve the tinnitus and it's terribly distracting in meetings. I can hear quite well up to just under 16kHz which is well above the tone of the tinnitus. Im 30 years old, I was a smoker until recently and drink most weekends. Have now stopped drinking coffee, alcohol and have quit smoking and ive started at the gym again. Have noticed a slight improvement since it started but it's still there and its the worst. I think it's the inescapable agitation that wears you down after time. The fear that it will never improve is overwhelming at times.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Joel, Welcome to TT. Reading your post I see sleeping is a problem for you. What I do is have two, sometimes three fans running at night, for me it is very helpful. I also fall asleep with an ear phone in my ear listening to a talk radio station, I actually fall asleep by concentrating on what is being talked on the show, a diversion so to speak.

During the day when I need to I use a masker that generates white noise, it's the kind of noise you would hear if you took a FM radio and tuned it to where there is no station, what you hear then is white noise.

Before I got my masker, I had a small portable AM FM radio that fit in my shirt pocket, I put in the ear phone, put it on FM and listened to white noise that way until I got my masker. The masker I have does not generate the white noise any better than the radio, but it is just more convenient, no wires or radio in the pocket, The radio is a good way to try out white noise to help you without the cost.

As for the fear, anxiety, irritation etc. something like Xanax prescribed by your doctor, can help a lot with the yips and sleep, getting a good nights sleep is very important.

Where ever you are now, I would look into seeing a Dr now as opposed to waiting until you get home for medication, why suffer until then, unless of course you are going home in a few days.

Keep us posted with updates on how you are doing....

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoelJayBheringer

JoelJayBheringer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Yep, booked into the ent first appointment they had. Some people have good results so I figure the sooner the better. You're spot on witht the fan, the noise from the fan drowns out most of the ring, enough to reduce the irritation to an annoyance rather than a full scale head bashing tantrum inducing anxiety build up.

Thanks for the support.

4. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      OK Joel, happy to hear you taking action & the fans help. Let us know what the ENT has to say. The reason I ask people to "let us know" is because we care, and also, you never know who is reading these posts, and you're s may be the one that helps them.....

5. bole631940

bole631940 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/15/2014
      Hi Everyone, I am new to this post. I just finished listening and watching the video by Thomas Coleman, "Tinnitus Miracle" and ready to click on "add to cart" so decided to check his credentials, etc. I always do that for anything I order.
      Then I saw your site, and signed up for this. Glad I did. I have had my clicking cricket noise, whirring, ringing etc noise in my ears since March of this year. I got hit with a cold, sinus infection, flu, mono relapse and a lyme disease relapse...then this horrendous type of tinnitus. I went to my naturopath who also does acupuncture, and he said my kidney pulse was hardly audible!! which meant I have had a complete physical breakdown. I also have fluid in one ear, causing ear pain, and have several allergies, and will be check on what in August. This is what I have done since the beginning. I formed a relationship with my tinnitus :) I talk to it, etc. and I take it as a gauge when I
      am doing too much, when I even think of doing more than 3 things in a day, the cricket noises start screaming at me!! No, I have no mental issues, I chose not to let it run my life, and I try anything that is holistic and natural to help me out. It has subsided some since I am regaining my strength and my immune system is getting stronger.
      Joel, I agree totally giving up things in your life which aren't beneficial for anyone. I use to be a drinker, smoker, etc. I am young in age and very open minded to any natural help out there.. Thank you very much.

• Like Like x 1
    6. bole631940

bole631940 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/15/2014
      Hi again, I meant to add to "young in age" I am 74 years young, and have never in my life
      had anything like this. thanks again.

7. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi bole, glad you found TT. Well there are plenty of posts here for natural things to try. A good place to look would be here < https://www.tinnitustalk.com/forums/alternative-treatments-and-research.27/ >
      There are other natural things people use scattered through out the various forums here....