Sudden Tinnitus... Help with Anxiety!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Staceysl3, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Staceysl3

Staceysl3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello
      So a week ago I started to get a whooshing noise in my left ear (thought it was coming from outside at first) Didn't sleep the whole night as I was so anxious and stressed, it was horrible. There was no cause (not been ill, had cold, listened to loud music etc just came out of the blue) Did go to doctor and he prescribed me Serc 8, told me to take 1 or 2 a day three times a day.

Since then the sounds have changed, it was a crystal hum like noise which was manageable, however since the weekend...Sunday especially it has been more like a high pitched noise, was awake again all last night. Went to docs again this morning, she said she could see some fluid in the right ear (I have actually had a head cold since Sunday so not sure if this is why it feels louder?) She's told me to take a nasal spray which should clear this and take some St John's Wort for the anxiety.

How do you deal with the anxiety? I'm quite an anxious person anyway but honestly last night I actually wanted to bang my head against the wall....I mean that literally. I feel like I cant breathe, I'm already dreading trying to sleep again! I've been out and about and actually felt a little better

Does this sound like it might go away?

Thank you in advance for any replies!

2. ajith

ajith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear trauma
      Dont worry Stacey,
      Once the fluid in your ear drained, there is a very high chance for yoursound in ear to go off. Don't be worried so much and don't hang in here reading horrible stories. Pray to God.Keep faith. You will be fine.

3. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      The fluid will make the ear ring if you haven't been exposed to loud noise then most likely it's not tinnitus just fluid build continue the spray. Don't work yourself up. The st. John wart will help
      God bless

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Staceysl3

Staceysl3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thankyou for response, I really do hope this is the case!! I am trying not to panic and get too anxious.....although easier said than done, the whole thing is making me nauseous and I'm not eatiing much today.

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Staceysl3 ,
      The serc will help and can clam down tinnitus and help nausea.
      Try stay calm and keep relaxing sound on around you.
      Tinnitus comes from the Limbic part of the brain that's where our emotions are also and easy to see why we feel we are having a bit of a wobble emotionally.
      The drops will help and stay positive it should clear soon.
      Love glynis

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Staceysl3

Staceysl3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thankyou Glynis, not sure if the serc has helped so far but then again maybe it did and its just down to this head cold I have as to why the T has got worse since yesterday....
      I've taken a herbal sleeping tablet so will 'try' see if I can sleep now.

I dont know how you all manage this for years, its been a week and I'm done with it already!

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Staceysl3

Staceysl3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Update - So i managed to get some sleep last night, took a while and I woke several times, when i woke at 4am it was blissfully quiet didn;t last though :( Unless I am imagining it the noise is different today, it seems to have gone back to the crystal hum noise like static, still hear it over a radio etc
      At work today, am finding it a little hard to concentrate and keep focusing on the T which then makes me feel a little panicky!

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Staceysl3

Staceysl3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello all I'm new here and slightly struggling right now.....
      So a week ago I started to get a whooshing noise in my left ear whilst watching TV. Came out of the blue (not been ill, or had cold, listened to loud music etc) Did go to doctor and he checked ears prescribed me Serc 8, told me to take 1 or 2 a day three times a day.

Only had the whooshing that night, next day it went, only to be replaced the following day with asort of crystal hum like noise which was slightly more manageable>
      Anyway started to get beginnings of a cold Friday...sore throat and head cold, which got worse Sunday and incidentally the noise also got worse, turned to a high pitched noise, so stayed awake all Sunday night and had really bad anxiety and a panic attack. Went to docs again, she said she could see some fluid in the right ear and told me to take a nasal spray which should clear this and take some St John's Wort for the anxiety.

I managed to sleep last night (just about) took a while and woke a few times, when I woke at 4am it was quiet which was bliss. Today it seems to have changed again and gone back to the crystal hum like noise, kind of like static. I can still here it over radio/TV etc though...

How do i drown the noise out?? I keep panicking and think this isn't going away, I know i am focusing on it totally right now and it's actually making me feel sick and I'm dreading going to bed.... I am quite an anxious person anyway so this isn't helping

I work in an office, it can get quiet here and I am not exactly rushed off my feet so its hard to try focus. I have put the radio on so its not dead silent at least!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    10. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      When I was in that acute stage, amitriptyline helped me sleep. It is non-addictive and it didn't make me feel drowsy the next morning.