Suddenly Developed Hyperacusis — Blocked Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by geg1992, Feb 25, 2015.

1. geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Antibiotics
      Hi all,

I have suddenly developed H, it's not nice!

My T has also spiked considerably. This seems to have coincided with a slightly blocked ear which feels like it's on an airplane sort of, it's hard to explain! It makes a simjlar noise to your ear popping when trying to clear it, but feels like it doesn't pop.

Will this likely be tempoary and as a side effect of the blocked ear? Also is a blocked up ear normal? Like a pre-cold.

Thanks.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Also, when the Sounds make H and your ears hurt, is this causing damage? Or is it just the brain over reacting?

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Mrs.P

Mrs.P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Have you gotten an answer to this? I'm am going through this same thing, and the horrible LOUDNESS of most things seems to be getting better, even as my T is super sensitive and fluctuating with noise levels. I'm trying to self-diagnose, but not getting very far.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Seems like it's just normal for peoplr with H. The first week was hard but I just exposed my self to normal sounds and it eventually faded. Only mild H at the moment, hope it stays that way. The worst thing with H is to over protect your ears but make sure you avoid loud sounds!

• Useful Useful x 1