Suffering Again...

Discussion in 'Support' started by MattK, Sep 16, 2014.

1. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Hi all, I used to be a regular here. My tinnitus gave me great distress when I first got it. But for some reason, it seemed to have disappeared after having it around 3 months. Since that time, it would come and go, but when it was there, it didn't bother me. It was more of an annoyance than anything else.

But for the past few days, it's been back and now it is bothering me. Once again, I have all the old feelings of anxiety and depression because of it. Yes, even the thought if ending it all had entered my mind.

Even though he's taken a lot of heat lately, Dr. Nagler's point if view has been a great hope for me. If habituation isn't a myth. Then I would really like to be. I constantly think about what he says when he says his tinnitus requires no action. I just wish I were to that point. I also don't know how literal that is.

Regardless of our different view points, I think we do know tinnitus sucks. But I'm willing to recognize that while a cure would be ideal, that habituation would be the best thing until then.

Dr. Nagler, if you're reading this, at what point do you think one should seek anti-anxiety meds? I really don't want things to get out if control again.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Hey Matt sorry to hear your back because you are suffering again. My own experience with anti anxiety meds have been very positive, if that means anything.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Thanks cullen, that does make me feel better. How have you been doing?

4. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      @MattK Glad to hear that. Im doing ok tinnitus wise, i have some really bothersome TTTS stuff though. Trying to work through it.

5. jonathanvg
      No Mood

jonathanvg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      give it more time matt i have tinnitus over 2 years its mild but irecently got hyperacusis and TTTS so im still trying to get ride of that

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hi Matt, sorry that you are suffering again. Don't worry. If it disappeared or faded to low volume before, perhaps it will go away again. You are still relatively new to T within the 1st year. So setbacks are very common. It is important to be prepared for setbacks so that you won't sink back to the mental black hole again which will delay habituation. Try to cut off the negative reaction. Dr. Nagler's Letter to a Tinnitus Sufferer is clear about this. If we don't react to T, then it will not be able to threaten us. Try to write down those distorted thoughts which cause you to be anxious again. Be positive. If you have done it before to get well, you can do it again. Give it time. God bless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. Chris365
      Paranoid

Chris365 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Hey Matt, I understand how you feel. I think I can live with my t, just as long a I know I'm not suffering from anything terminal. If your clear from anything serious, it's all about being positive, strong, chin up and laughing in T's face. I'm in my early stage so I have my MRI appt and ct scan next week. So once I'm cleared for anything serious , I'll be on my way to recovery with all the strength in the world. It's not harmful physically, we just have to conquer it mentally. U know this and I'm right with you. We all are. Use your white noise methods, sing or hum to yourself and keep smiling. All the best to you -

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Thanks for the support all; I know I can make it through. I mean, some people like Dr. Nagler live full lives even with T that, from what he says, would make mine seem non-existent. It still does suck, though.

I don't even know what TTTS is?

9. jonathanvg
      No Mood

jonathanvg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Ttts is à pain in the ass it let my eardrum flutter pressure in ears numb cheek and tense neck