Super Confused! Had a Hearing Test Last Week

Discussion in 'Support' started by Danika, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Danika

Danika Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14/217
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/pregnancy
      So I had a hearing test last week. Now since my onset of t I haven't really gotten to know it to well, we don't hang out in quiet rooms much as the t tends to scare the crap out of me. I am also claustrophobic so I was almost in tears going into that little silent room.....my heart was pounding and I was so nervous. Of course they do the tone test first....I was so distracted by the sound of my t I was really scared of the results.

3 part test, 2 parts dealing with word/speech I scored excellent....for the pure tone section it showed normal to possible mild hearing loss in the high frequency. I asked if it was enough to cause t and was told no.
      (I'm pregnant and ENT thinks it's pregnancy related)

All I've read is that high frequency hearing loss is connected to t......do I have it.....kinda sorta have it.....ugh!

2. Amber
      Depressed

Amber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1999
      Hearing tests don't necessarily show hearing loss at all. You can still have tinnitus. It's called hidden hearing loss.

3. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Congrats on your pregnancy :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    4. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You can have hearing loss in frequencies above 8khz (which is what your standard audiogram tests up to).
      I found an audiologist who tested up to 16khz, and I surely do have some loss in these frequencies.
      I bet that's why I have tinnitus.
      Yours could be pregnancy related, so your only option is really to wait it out and hope for the best.
      Glad you are not hanging out on quiet rooms, I don't do that either... lol.