Super Loud Tinnitus with Facial Twitching

Discussion in 'Support' started by Beste, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Hi there
      It is Ramadan Aid here now but I'm struggling with T which causes me not enjoying it.

For the last 5 days, I'm having major spikes through evening and it continues all night till I go to bed. With these loud electrical and static noises I'm having facial twitching mostly around my eyes. Is it common? My T has changed its characteristic so bad. It was never tonal and I used to have it catastrophic in my left ear and quite mild in my right ear but now I'm having tonal, electrical, static, hissing in both ears and head in the evening that let me have facial twitching.

What should I think about it?
      Thank you

2. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Time for an MRI?

3. Paromita
      Cool

Paromita Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, maybe dental and facial nerve
      What kind of MRI are you suggesting ?

Thanks, Mita

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Hi undecided
      I have done an MRI when I first gor tinnitus but nothing came wrong. Do you think should I do an EEG?(I do not know if it is called like that in your country. It is the one they can detecr the electrical activity in the brain)

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Beste,
      The middle ear cases your facial nerve so easy to see why you can have facial twitching with middle ear inflamation or muscle spasams .I get the twitching too.....lots of love glynis

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. Jajeek

Jajeek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hi Beste,

Are you getting enough sleep?

When I first got T I was struggling to get enough hours which caused my left eye to twitch uncontrollably for a few days and some muscles around my legs. Once I managed to get a good nights rest (with the help of 3mg of melatonin) the twitching went away.

Hope this helps

7. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.

I was thinking about an MRI since you already got one before your tinnitus/twitching got worse, as you say.
      If you get a new one, doctors may manage to come to a conclusion whether there is something going on inside your head by comparing the older and the newer MRI. Just a thought.

I don't think that an EEG can have any meaningful purpose. There are only a couple of specialized centers in Europe that do useful EEGs. The ones done everywhere else will just yield a bunch of meaningless numbers to anyone that takes a look at them, besides the ones that performed them (and even to them, they might not mean much).

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Hi
      Yes I'm getting enough sleep. I have been taking mirtazapine for 5 months now and it gives me good night sleep.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Thank you for the suggestion. I hope I will manage one if I get enough courage to do it.

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. Mojo

Mojo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      hi magnesium helped me with the twitches i had it for months and someone told me to use magnesium it went away after a week .
      greetings from Holland

• Informative Informative x 1
    11. M Franzblau MD

M Franzblau MD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I received a message from you but can't find it.
      Please resend.
      I think you mentioned you have tinnitus for about 2 months. I too have tinnitus. I've had it since 1982. I noticed it, the ringing in my right ear, but it never bothered me. I notice it when I want to.
      I am struck by that. My tinnitus doesn't intrude on me and therefore doesn't interfere with or disrupt my life. I feel quite lucky in that regard. Many people who have become my patients experience the intrusion of their tinnitus. It is unwanted and resented.
      I don't know what caused my tinnitus. I have experienced all the "causes" that people tell me about. From loud noises including shotguns to illnesses to diving accidents to aspirin toxicity in my youth. The thing about these causes is since they were distributed throughout my life why did I first notice it that morning in 1982? I don't know.
      It also didn't worry me. I knew that it wasn't going to kill me and I didn't worry what the future held for me. Because it didn't bother me I didn't try to make it stop or go away.
      Let me know if this answers some questions or raises more.
      Best regards,
      Michael

12. GaryTH
      Panicky

GaryTH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure, stress, NSAIDS, eabuds, shingles vaccine
      It could be a side effect of your antidepressant. Google "mirtazapine dyskinesia"