Supplements

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (Archived Answers)' started by Tenna, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not accepting new questions.
    Dismiss Notice
tinnitus forum
    1. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Hello Mr. Nagler

I've been wanting to update my supplements for a while and to that I have a question.
      When stated on supplements "recommended daily dose", who exactly is that recommended for?
      On some multivitamin pills I take it states the recommended dose to be 3 tablets a day, and as most medicine/supplements in general, for women too, is tested on males, what guidelines am I to follow weighting 54kg and being female?
      I'd love to not overdose on vitamins heh

thanks

• Like Like x 1
    2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Tenna, you're asking the wrong guy.

A while back my wife and I discontinued all multivitamins on the advice of our doctors. We had both been taking our daily multivitamin pills for decades - just like we were supposed to in order to be "healthy."

And then a couple of interesting studies were published in the medical literature. You can read about them HERE.

Now all my wife takes is a calcium supplement, and all I take is a Vitamin D pill - both for documented deficiencies.

Dr. Stephen Nagler

• Like Like x 1