Swollen Tonsils and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TommyB, Feb 14, 2018.

1. TommyB

TommyB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all I've had swollen tonsils from a virus still some swelling in the glands.

Ears feel full and under pressure at times but always highly sensitive even someone talking loudly is quite distressing.

Going through a very stressful period anxiety and panic attacks noticed the tinnitus about 2 weeks ago and it's not stopped since, can be in both ears or just one and changes in tone.

Thinking about it and not been able to sleep is not helping I realise

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Swelling and congestion especially in the mouth/head and nose area is known to cause tinnitus. Perhaps the blood flow or nerves to the ears are affected. Not sure. Most of the time if the cause of it has been healed, T will slowly fade out. So don't panic nor despair about your T. Our negative reactions to T, if too extreme, can trigger the limbic nervous system and cause the 'fight or flight' reaction, which seems to amplify the T ringing stimulus. I used to fall prey to this and my ultra high pitch T got so much louder and worse. On top of that I got severe hyperacusis too which you seem to have some element of it with your sensitivity to loud talking. It was a nightmare and horror story initially and I was in a mess. But today I live a normal, productive and absolutely enjoyable life. I wrote my success story and share some helpful strategies which have helped me turnaround. Check it out and see if they can help you too. Don't panic. Good time can be back. Take good care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try Carvonia throat spray and also steam inhalation .
      Ask your doctor about Melatonin for sleep.
      Keep relaxing music on around you keep you calm and less stressed and deep breathing.
      Tinnitus can cause an emotional wobble but its normal and your not going funny...
      Keep posting for support as we are here around the clock to support you.
      Love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TommyB

TommyB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for the replies people , I've managed to calm down and some days for a few hrs or mins the T drops its high pitch enough for me to get a short break from it , even during times of extreme relaxation though it's often louder than anything I can mask it over with , gets much louder when I move my jaw or clench my teeth which is strange

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I would get your dentist check you out for TMJ.
      Love glynis x

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TommyB

TommyB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks Glynis, what's TMJ and how would the dentist diagnose it x