Syringing, Water/Liquid Food Traveling Inside My Ear While Eating, Tinnitus, Crackling, Fullness!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TheSufferer, Dec 6, 2019.

1. TheSufferer

TheSufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Aug2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Hi People,

I am 24 and new to tinnitus. My tinnitus started in August 2019, not sure how but I believe everything is a result of syringing but doctors don't think so.

I was traveling back on a plane after an interview and that’s when my right ear got blocked. I ignored it for 3-4 days but then one day after a bath I used earbuds to clean my right ear and my ear got completely blocked and I couldn’t hear anything. I went to emergency clinic and they poured some liquid in my right ear and irrigated it. I felt dizzy but fullness was gone in right year but I could feel sudden immense crackling started in left ear. I visited ENT doctors, all said it's nothing, then suddenly my tinnitus started in second week of August. By this time my crackling had increased and became more stiff in my left ear, right ear was fine. I used to press my ear when it used to crackle everytime I swallowed that would reduce the intensity and my tinnitus reduced severely, almost becake unnoticeable.

After that I travelled to Seattle and my ears were blocked and tinnitus increased and now it’s unbearable and can't be suppressed at all, my tinnitus is 8/10. I am taking supplements and nothing is helping. Something new I observed is whenever I drink water it travels inside my left ear when I swallow, popping has become more stiff and now I can't even travel on the road, my ears get blocked. Now tinnitus has traveled to right ear as well with immense crackling but left ear still is unbearable. Doctors can't see anything wrong with my ear, I had MRI as well, nothing detected.

Please help me guys. If anyone of you is suffering and can feel water traveling from mouth to inside of the ear. I am very desperate and have tried everything but nothing helped.

All I know is if I can heal my ear and stop the crackling I will be able to reduce my tinnitus and make my hears health.

Please help me!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      @TheSufferer, Welcome to the forum. Kinda sounds like Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. Have you tried an EarPopper device? Maybe use some saline water also. And possibly a steroid nasal spray like Flonase. I think you can get that one over the counter now.

I had a barotrauma from an airplane flight in 2008. My left eardrum was 2/3rds full of fluid. I hope you can find some relief. You could call an ENT Dr. in NY if all else fails. I could find his phone # if you like. I don’t think he would mind. I know how unbearable ears/head noise can be. Someone here may be able to help you or possibly use the Doctors' Corner for advice. I believe Dr. Nagler is available.

@engineerLA has some useful posts related to ETD.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheSufferer

TheSufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Aug2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      My tinnitus is increasing at a really bad pace. I tried flonase, steam, supplements, nothing is helping and it's getting difficult for me because I am unable to travel for even 10 minutes of distance.

Has anyone ever experienced water or food going inside the ear from mouth?

Also my tinnitus is getting super reactive now. I am not sure how will I cope, I feel like dying every moment.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheSufferer

TheSufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Aug2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      @just1morething please provide me the number of that doctor in New York, there's no harm in trying another thing. I appreciate your reply and effort.

5. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Okay, I will find it. Let me look. He is a renowned Tinnitus Dr. but is in his 80’s. His name is Dr. Abraham Shulman.

6. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      He has a preferred phone number. He usually replies within 24 hours. I'm not sure about the weekends though.My noise is bad too right now. This link will work. Good luck!

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/suicidal.31839/page-4#post-456285

7. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @TheSufferer, did you leave a message with Dr. Shulman? Looks like he retired according to his website. I think he still returns messages at no cost. He was always friendly when I talked to him.