Teen Daughter Gets "Accidental" Relief from Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MomtoGG, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      I understand what you're saying. I'll be looking for an oil with a higher CBD content.

2. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
    3. Astro
      Alone

Astro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @MomtoGG how long does a single 300 $ bottle last??

4. Scicia
      Fine

Scicia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      I'm planning to try this brand and will post an update afterward :)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MomtoGG

MomtoGG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2007 (child diagnosis at age 4yrs)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know. Has neurosensory hearing loss etc.
      We have refined how we use cannabinoids. We use transdermal low dose CBD (10mg) and low dose
      THC indica patches ( 5mg) patches now. I don't recommend THC for tinnitus. We use it for appetite stimulation. Cannabis dosing is specific to every person. Healer.com does a great job of explaining this concept and general Endocannabinnoid system education. Patches for a month cost roughly the same as the oil. The patches are discreet and deliver a continuous low dose. Twice my daughter's treatment has been interrupted and twice the tinnitus came back. It took a full week back on patches for the tinnitus to be relieved again.

6. Scicia
      Fine

Scicia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      @MomtoGG thanks for the information! Last week I ordered the 20:1 you initially spoke about and should receive it by Tuesday of this week :)
      I have tinnitus due to inflammation. It's loud and hissing (currently in both ears and my head), with a low "dial tone" underneath. I'm hoping the oil will provide some lessening of my symptoms. I've also heard that CBD oil helps with anxiety, so that would be good as well!

7. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Is this medicinal marijuana? I'm pretty sure it's illegal in my country :-( I've only read bad things about cannabis and T, but I don't know if that's going to be different for the oil variety. Glad your daughter has been helped!

8. fhs
      Fine

fhs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun range
      This is very likely to not work more than a placebo for acoustic trauma. In fact it might make tinnitus worse.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4364172/

Cannabinoid CB1 Receptor Agonists Do Not Decrease, but may Increase Acoustic Trauma-Induced Tinnitus in Rats

9. Scicia
      Fine

Scicia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Unfortunately, I haven't experienced a change in my tinnitus :(
      I'll use up the bottle, however, because I'm sure it's good for me in other ways!

10. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      CBD is a CB1 receptor antagonist, so based on your logic here we'd expect it to work. THC is an agonist. This is why CBD modulates the function of THC so astonishingly. In the study they used a 1:1 mix of THC:CBD. The stuff being discussed in the thread here is 1:20, so that's so staggeringly different it's not really possible to extrapolate a good expectation about what it's going to do in humans (who have already had tinnitus far longer than the animals in the study).

I don't think CBD does much for my tinnitus, but I do like to cycle on and off it once in a while. Overall it's pretty calming and seems good for my stomach. The Haleigh's Hope extra strength stuff seems good, but without access to a mass spec I'm not necessarily convinced it's worth the $300 price difference over other brands.