The 3 Year Journey

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Mario, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Mario
      Creative

Mario Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2/2013
      So, it's been just over 3 years since I developed tinnitus and I don't know about success stories but I'm honestly stable. I have a job, I go to college and I can live a normal life just like before I learnt about tinnitus. I've always had the same mindset to not care about it and the sound honestly does drown itself out. I like to use the example of tapping constantly someone on the shoulder, at first you'd be annoyed but eventually you mind ignores it and your brain switches off and dosent engage. I don't know if my levels of tinnitus is bad because I've had it 3 years but it hasn't bothered me much. The only time it did was the night after I developed where I cried but it hasn't produced a pinch of cry water since lol. I think you need to reach a certain stage of it and come to grounds before you can start to feel like this though because naturally at first you do instinctively worry. But yeah I'm pretty happy to be honest, the only thing that goes within hand too is that because I don't care dosent mean I'm gonna go to a festival or something without protection because that's just plain stupid, it just means I take each day as it comes.

Many thanks reading, responses and questions are welcome

Mario

• Like Like x 7
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      How do you manage to attend the classes at college? It ia my second month in it and it has already ruined my graduation..

3. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock Disorder (TTTS)
      congrates dude !

• Like Like x 1
    4. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      For starters his tinnitus may not be as bad as yours!
      Waste of time comparing yourself to somebody else!

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario
      Creative

Mario Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2/2013
      Oh right 2nd month of tinnitus you mean?

6. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      I know I should not compare my T with someone else's but my life just turned upside down.. I was so close to be happy..

Yes, it has been two months since I got T.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario
      Creative

Mario Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2/2013
      Oh right okay well what I did in the earlier stages is to just do the things I enjoyed doing like running and stuff that helped me adapt to the harder things like studying or sleeping