The Closest You've Come to Tinnitus-Related Suicide?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Philip, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      @Mricha37

You said you developed H as well some 8 years ago. How did it manifest itself and did it ever improve over time?

2. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      I was actively suicidal for weeks recently as a severe withdrawal reaction to ativan sent me into a downward spiral of worsening symptoms and doomsday depression/anxiety.

I've stabilized somewhat since then, but the days are still hard, the symptoms are still excruciating, and the thought of dying brings me a sense of comfort.

This is 4 years into my T and H journey. I had a relatively calm 2 and a half years during that period, but I think it was because of ativan, not because of true recovery. Not only did the ativan make my life easier psychologically, but it reduced many of my symptoms as well.

Now I'm experiencing symptoms related to my eyesight that make it strenuous to read or use the computer. If I lose reading and the computer, I've lost everything, because that's all I have left.

3. Mricha37

Mricha37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car subwoofers for 6 years
      I had subwoofers in my jeep for years, coupled that with loud bars and BAM, Here I am. There isn't really a time frame. When other thoughts take precedence over the thoughts of tinnitus...your better. That could take 6 months or 2 years. Just depends on what type of person you are. I'm so busy with my life, Tinnitus only gets a few minutes a day then it's onto other things.

I rafted down a river today, went out to eat and to ice cream after. I have a drive in movie date tonight....all while the T is lurking....lol

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Philip

Philip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection or noise exposure or both
      Fair play Mricha37 its great to hear about people breaking on through to the other side and saying screw you to T.

But the sack up comment towards Yaba is not going to make him wanna get out of the rut he is in. He'll just be less comfortable talking here.

The negative thread is for negativity man!

I am glad I got T at 30 and not 20. Because life is pretty stressful already when you're young.

I understand the mindset he's in.

I am lucky I already had a wife and kid and other stuff before T hit me.

When I was at the end of my tether. The shame I felt for letting down my wife and son was what got me out of that dark abyss.

Parents and peers don't have the same influence in my opinion. It'd be easier to convince yourself that they'll get on with it after.

But only a basketcase could convince himself that his wife and kid won't be disastrously effected by calling it a day.