The Frequency of Some Electronic Devices Bother My Tinnitus and Hyperacusis — What TV Set to Get?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joeseph Stope, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Joeseph Stope
      Innocent

Joeseph Stope Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise? infection? negative stress? other?
      Let me start with the good news: by good fortune I bought a small radio years back which has a very mellow sound and I listen to it pretty much morning noon and night -- I use the afternoon to go out and so some shopping.

If there is occasionally a problem, it might be due to these telephone interviews that keep coming up on the current events shows, but over all I'm more than happy with it.

Then I bought a second hand TV. Long story short, the electronic frequency or whatever it is sends my tinnitus way up. I bought a kind of a sound instrument in Aldi but it only measures the dB and not the frequency :(

Even these young people using their smartphones to streamline some hit song drives my tinnitus into a spike. It's a mystery to me how they could listen to it... but then again I can't bear loud motorcycles or buses either.

Any advice on what TV set should I buy?

I guess I'm pretty isolated without one. I can only get one radio station since they did away with the DAB (digital audio broadcasting) here.

Is there some measuring instrument that I could use to test it out first, frequency measurer or such-like?

Or what's a good brand for a TV set?

The one I have -- that I can't use -- has the brand name of Samsung, the Korean outfit... or is it Japanese?

Yours All,
      Joeseph Stope

2. arctic_penguin

arctic_penguin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Hi, you should go to one of those speaker stores and ask to customize a nice TV for you, to output the audio through your radio speakers.

I understand, my hyperacusis spikes with the newer sound systems as well.