The Hummm Sound

Discussion in 'Support' started by sandra72, Dec 16, 2014.

1. sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      Who has it? I can only hear it in some rooms. How is that possible?

2. Jesse Pinkman
      Badass

Jesse Pinkman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Is it continious? I sometimes get a sound that sounds like someone is blowing into the top of a bottle. Its not continious. It comes and goes but it usually goes totally away after about 10-15 minutes. The wierd thing about it is that I cant hear it in every room and I can block it out by covering my ears... This makes me wonder if it is actually a tinnitus sound. Ive thought it might be the wind going through some pipes or something.

3. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Covering my right ear creates a wave like sound in all of us thus blocking my T.

However.. it doesn't work on left ear where my T is louder.

4. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      If you have that hummmmm sound then I guess you have low frequency hearing loss unlike the most common high frequency loss. How was your audiometry report ? Usually low frequency sounds are comparatively easier to ignore than the high frequency sounds. High frequency causes anxiety and fight or flight.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      @Jesse Pinkman
      Same here. When i cover my ears i dont hear it. I only hear it in some rooms. Very strange. Its only continious in some rooms. Dont hear it outside or my bedroom.

@Asian
      My audiometry report whas fine in june. Dont know how its now. I have not been in loud places. Yes dit have birthday party's but wear my earplugs. Dont wear them in the car or at work or when i am shopping. Mayby thats the case. Can you get a damage from that?

6. Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      I have the hum. It gradually got louder and louder. At first I could only hear it in bathrooms and closets. Now I can hear/feel it inside at all times but mostly don't outside. If I plug my ears, I don't feel it anymore. I think it has something to do with sound/air entering the ear or a pressure problem, but not sure .

7. flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      I have that hum/vibrating noise mostly in my left ear accompanied with the high pitch EEEE. I used to get it before but it would go away, this is the first time that it's really bothering me. It seems louder and this one has been with me for the past week. It seems to subside at certain times of the day and then it would come back. If I cup my ears with my hands, I strangely do not hear it? I ask myself if it has something to do with the way the sound/pressure is going through my ears and it comes off as this wobbling/hum/vibrating noise? I was starting to somewhat get used to the high pitch EEE, but to add this to it is just something that's getting me worried and scared. :(

8. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Does hearing aids help with this hum/drone noise???
      @glynis

9. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @OnceUponaTime,
      Yes they did but my head drone has gone but wear them for sever Bilateral tinnitus and hearingloss due to Menieres .
      Love glynis

10. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @
      How are you doing these days? Is the hum quiet?

How are you? Do you still have the hum?? Hope all is well.