The Iron Lid from the Tank Rattled

Discussion in 'Support' started by IvanRus, Nov 11, 2017.

1. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Friends, a paradoxical case. We have in the corridor a steel tank with an iron lid, in it we store meat in the winter.

Today I took meat from there, and closed the lid, it seemed to me, tightly. But the tank stood next to the washing machine, and the edge of the iron lid from the tank, hooked on it, and did not completely shut the tank.

When I started to move away, this edge of the lid jumped off the machine and fell with a crash of iron onto the barrel. The lid is quite heavy.

How do you think this can affect tinnitus and hearing? I was about a meter from the tank in the corridor.

2. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      Things like this happen, I have the same questions constantly..

3. slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Try not to overanalyse what may harm us, I think by overprotecting our battered ears and brains, we may get worse. We have to protect our ears in extreme circumstances, like a concert, but everyday noises we must live with or be driven mad.

I’m having a particularly bad day of tinnitus today, but am trying not to let it get to me, but it is rather depressing.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      You think this is not dangerous, and can not lead to an acoustic trauma or some serious consequences. Did you happen like that?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      You think this is not dangerous, and can not lead to an acoustic trauma or some serious consequences. Did you happen like that?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      After yesterday's seemingly trivial event, with the impact of the iron lid on the tank, I did not rest for the whole day. I was literally going crazy. I could not understand how it happened ... And I decided to recreate the situation, to conduct an experiment with the tank. And heading to him, hooked the tank lid behind the washing machine (a distance of about 3 cm). I did not have time to put my fingers on, as she collapsed again. And I was even closer to the tank - in the half meter. The blow was in my ear ... I experienced a shock. How do you think this is dangerous? I took the NAC for prevention, should it protect? In my I'm going crazy ..

7. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      My T was not caused by noise exposure, but in the beginning and I'm only in my 5th month, Sudden loud noise where everywhere and restaurants we're louder. My T did spike but went back down. I learned to adjust and calm myself down by saying it's no big deal my T will go back down. Sudden loud nosies don't spike my T anymore, but loud restaurants I try to sit in the back or leave. I think part of the learning is to not overly react.

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I just had two plates clank loudly less than a meter from my bad ear. Now I feel ear fullness in that ear... If you don't have ear fullness or a spike, you will probably be ok.
      The experience of countless people (including me), proves your statement above to be false. Even mild noises that healthy people would not even notice can have very grim consequences for people like us. Acting recklessly and then getting a loud spike is what is more likely to drive one mad.

9. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Ear fullness? Do you think you got another acoustic trauma.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Loudly hit the plate? What are these plates? As I understand it, the noise from you after this rose, and did not go down to the previous level? Have you checked the rumor after this? Pain in the ear was not?

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      dishes?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Restaurants are still not that. This is normal household noise. The tank lid is more of an extreme case. I got sick in my ear .. what can it b

13. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Steklyanniye tarelki (glass plates)

14. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It is a possibility. Only time will tell...

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Have you had pain in your ear?

16. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      No pain, but I am still experiencing a "full ear" sensation (uho zalozheno).

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      The impact of loud noise. Beat Iron on iron. 1) Am I right that high-frequency noise, equal in strength (volume) with low frequency is more dangerous to the ear? 2) I experienced a sharp noise after striking iron on iron. What should I do? There are - Pills of Prelenizolone, NAC, Vitamin C, E. Benzodiazepine.? 3) On the second day there was a small pain in the ear when swallowing. What could it be? Thank you.

18. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I asked the same question many months ago. Someone pointed out that high frequency waves carry more energy...

I've never heard of Benzodiazepine. If I were you, I would take all of the other medications that you mentioned in your post. They are more likely to help you, than to harm you.