The Link Between the Liver and Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by luckyman316, May 9, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Anyone kno if there is link between the two? I've been told there might be, especiall with a sick liver (which I have) so curious to know if it's true or a myth...

2. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Not sure about the liver, but I do know a girl that says she got T from kidney stones. Once the kidney stones were taken care of, her T resolved.

3. Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      Tinnitus really is that crazy isn't it.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Yeah.. I wish mine came with a mute button!

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      As always, correlation does not equal causation. I honestly doubt that it is. The liver is tasked with breaking down fats and some toxins. I think a lot more people would have tinnitus than they already do if that is the case. Many things can cause your liver to be "overworked": being overweight, drinking too much, too much ibuprofen (which we know certain painkillers can cause tinnitus), hepatitis, etc.

• Like Like x 1
    6. luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Well, here is one thing I discovered online and there's a few more out there that say liver issues, among other things, can cause it:

http://www.nosesinus.com/Clinical-Services/noise-in-the-ear-tinnitus

"Conditions like anemia, diabetes, hypertension, abnormal lipid profile, high cholesterol level, kidney failure and liver problems can cause tinnitus by poisoning the inner ear with toxins and depriving it of a healthy blood supply"

I find this interesting and as soon as I had my liver issues (I'll be honest, Hepatitis) I started to get inner ear issues which eventually led into tinnitus. I'm on treatment for it so it will be interesting to see if it reduces or goes away as the virus diminishes. I've noticed some reductions some days the past week.

7. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Chinese medicine and acupunture seem to think T and liver are connected if I remember correctly...

8. luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Lovely :confused::mad:

9. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      No need to feel ashamed of a health issue here. We all clearly have some sort of health issue or we probably wouldn't be here! :)

I could possibly see the link. However, I would caution that if a person's auditory system is being affected by toxins in the blood, I imagine that other systems within the body are as well.

10. Drecul
      Balanced

Drecul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      I have heard of the liver connection. Hearing loss as a cause alone sounds strange to me since not all people with hearing loss develop T.

11. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Your toe is connected to your leg which connects to your hip and so on up to your head so that indeed your toe is joined to your ear..... And the liver is what rids your body of toxins so if it's not working properly your body is full of toxins. Toxins can cause T. So many possibles! Can we rule anything out completely?