The Mechanisms Underlying Tinnitus and Hyperacusis: A Comprehensive Overview

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Juan, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Juan

Juan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      This article explains in details the role of OHC, IHC, increased gain, central gain, role of subcortical brain region, hidden hearing loss etc etc It is an interesting article:

Advances in the neurobiology of hearing disorders: Recent developments regarding the basis of tinnitus and hyperacusis

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0301008213000804

• Like Like x 4
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Adaś
      Curious

Adaś Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones, Stress, Rock concerts
      It is very insightful article, that emphasizes pivotal role of the stress. This agrees so much with my personal experience how I did develop my tinnitus. Simply speaking, I had some temporary tinnitus period/onset (for 2 months) in my early 20s when I have been studying for the exams and I was very stressed and mentally exhausted. Then tinnitus went away after I had a summer holidays and I got lot of sleep and relax. Then in my early 30s it got back when I had moderate acoustic trauma (blasting my headphones at full volume accidentally for 2sec) while being under lot of stress because of a new born baby, my dad being sick, running my own business. Unfortunately this 2nd time it did not went away.
      I really start to believe that having more relaxed life and attitude would save me from tinnitus. But I had no luck in my life and it gave me lot of stressful moments and made me very nervous person.