The Positivity Thread

Discussion in 'Support' started by demi, Jan 16, 2014.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      When with noise-induced T started 12/2013, after about 7 months I was feeling 95% back to myself, and T was low and didn't bother me anymore. Then I had a spike (November 29 2013)+(January 8 2014), due to attending a concert - and T came back strong with H too. Now I am working on correcting H, and almost back to the low it was at the months before my spike. While I still have some bad days, I Remember that THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Demi, its great to hear that it has gone down for you!:beeranimation:

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I tied my old record, this is my 6th day in a row of mild (5) T. Usually it is at 9 or 10.

Next time my T inches up to a 9 or 10 I now know that there are going to be good 5T day's, that will get me through the rough patch.

I have done nothing different, still have my 3-4 cups of coffee in the morning, take my meds that includes 81 mg of aspirin, no ear plugs, only thing different is my stress level is lower than normal. Is this because
      T is mild and it lowered the stress or vice versa? who knows, I am riding this wave out and enjoying it while I can.

Demi, thank you for starting this thread. A great idea, I am going to be directing newbies here.....

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      In my last post I talked about how my T has gone down - but as I thought about it, and last night as I had earplugs in I realized that may not be the case. My T was roaring away - I think my perception of it just once again changed. I no longer have an intense anxiety about it all the time. But either way, it is a good thing!

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      T will get down to a lower level again, just like it did before, you'll see. Most of us are going to get a spike here and there. Great news about the anxiety. :huganimation:

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Demi, glad to hear you are doing well. Thanks for starting this thread. You are right on the point - you can still live a happy life after T. No doubt about it. So many are proving this point with posts on this thread and in the Success Story section. Newbies should take note of this and have hope for the future.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    7. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      @Martin69 The post you had in the other thread about living life reminded of a quote of RUMI
      Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form
      For me this rings true. I've tried to make up for the ringing in my head by living my life in other areas and not take anything else for granted. Other areas of my life are richer and more rewarding, I don't let any day go to waste.I think i see this theme with a lot of other members as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    8. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      I agree Demi and feel like I'm slowly starting to get there too (my goal being 'Habituation'). I know as I'm typing my T is up there ringing inside my head but it is very much distracted by my open window (sounds of summer, birds, cars planes flying by) but I don't hear it too much. I am also trying not to be hostile to it. I am trying to say "here you go, you're welcome in my head but I don't fear you anymore..." It's almost as if I want to you reverse psychology on my ringing. This is a long term goal and I know I have a long way to go but I'm so tired of being overly afraid, anxious and hyper-vigilant. I think that to really get T off the forefront of my mind I'm going to have to limit my time on this site as well. Has any body else tried limiting the amount of time they spend each week on forums or looking up stuff on T?

Anyway. Cheers and keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      I stayed away one week, but this didn't help. Maybe you need staying away much longer. I don't know.
      But if you have loud T hearing over all sounds, you are remembered to it anyway.
      So being here finding support and comfort and also helping others helps me more than staying away.
      But my advise is to concentrate more on the success stories.
      Staying away and distract yourself from T like crazy, this puts another stress on you.
      But this is just my opinion. Others may recommend staying away.

10. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      @SoulStation Do what you think is right for you. Stay or leave the board is here to support. Learn from other success stories. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    11. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Totally agree with Ken, If you feel like coming here fine, if you don't that's fine to. Actually to feel you have to come here everyday, or for that matter, feel like you have to go to a B-day party, a graduation, a wedding, or call someone, I think it is unhealthy to feel this way, it just puts unnecessary stress on you.
      I know there are exceptions, funerals, Dr. app. ect.

• Like Like x 1
    12. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Great post Cullen!

• Like Like x 1
    13. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Great post, Cullen. Right on. That is what I have been saying, "Finding Joy amid the Pain" and "Living Life Abundantly Regardless of T". When we find meaning in life and have fun again, sooner of later T will be a total non-issue.

• Winner Winner x 2
    14. theekarwash
      Nerdy

theekarwash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise and/or Ear Infeciton
      Hi Demi. How do you know your tinnitus is noise induced? Hope you are feeling okay :)

15. Slay
      Balanced

Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
    16. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      While we do expose ourselves to dangerously loud noises. we also take, without knowledge, ototoxic drugs. Day to day stress. When we get T we need each others' support and experiences. @demi relapses happen please ride it out safely. Yes 'HOPE' God bless.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Mine came about after a 2 days of very loud concerts, I had ringing which I would get after concerts but this time it just never went away.

18. theekarwash
      Nerdy

theekarwash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Have you geot your hearing tested since your T came on? Any hearing loss if so?

19. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      Not to say yours is noise induced. Exposure to loud noises is cumulative. If we only knew about Tinnitus. It is a well kept secret until one gets it.

20. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Scrolling through posts randomly in this thread makes me feel great. And thank you Cullen for quoting this quote! As of late I've been thinking how physicists explain the constant energy surrounding us, and applying the fact this way is fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
    21. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Hey Tenna I thought I know what you're talking about in regards to the energy. I've seen a documentary where they talked about it. Very interesting stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. G Man
      Balanced

G Man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/1992
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Operation on my ear resulted in tinnitus.
      Hi Demi,

We all need your positive energy.:D

I try to use T to my advantage during the day by channeling my thoughts and actions through the noise into whatever I am doing, surprisingly it can work and I find I have better focus and for longer periods, takes time and concentration, it's there whatever so definitely worth a try.

G-Man (T since 1992)

23. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      First tinnitus free night. This was awesome experience. I felt so weird, so silent. I was able to hear everything but no tinnitus. I do have a ceiling fan and it was so quiet that i could hear the fan motor thorough the walls. Unfortunately it came back this morning but 8H tinnitus free night was outstanding.

24. theekarwash
      Nerdy

theekarwash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Congrats! Maybe it's a sign it's fading! What was the cause of your T?

25. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      I call that T-Zen moment. All of sudden clarity hear normal. Only lasts a few seconds. Had it happen a few times over my 24 years with T. I just smile say to myself WOW! after 24 years T is part of my life. Every once in awhile it kicks me in the butt. I am always able to fight it back and habituate.

• Like Like x 2
    26. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      i still dont know, either tooth crown, or music.
      It came back in the morning and now plays games again.

27. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      That is an awesome positive update. Thanks bwspot. It gives newbies hope that their T may just fade or disappear like yours, if even for a short time. Given time, who knows if this will be more frequent and longer duration.

28. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      I totally enjoy the periodic breaks I have. I seems I have a few good days, then back to a few bad day, then a few good days, back and forth, back and forth. Sigh...... I am learning how to "live the moment" as well as being aware of my negative or distorted thoughts and turning them around into a positive thought.

A positive that has happened in my live (as Cullen's statement said, "Don't grieve, anything you lose comes in another form) I discovered a women at my church has had Meniere's disease for many years. (I have recently been diagnosed with this). She does not have T but is plagued with vertigo....I do not have vertigo but T. At any rate, she is someone that will support me as I try to understand Meniere's and have times when I need to "vent". She is a kind lady who loves to laugh about being a "Dizzy Broad". So we can try to find humor in all of this together. It is a good feeling to know that there will be some support.

• Like Like x 3
    29. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Well, my eight days in a row of mild T are over, but I now know for sure that those days can & will be back. Finally I see a hint of light at the end of the tunnel. Mild T for me is no problem whatsoever, it was good to feel normal again...

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    30. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      I recommend to read through http://www.tinnitus.org/
      The Jastreboff model completely changed my approached to tinnitus and I feel happy and there is more positivity in my days. The model gives me hope for the future. You can contact the author and you will get a reply with more positivity. I highly recommend it.

• Like Like x 3