The Power of the Mind — Read and Be Amazed!

Discussion in 'Support' started by conbsgc, Jan 19, 2015.

1. conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      I am trying to truly complete leave my tinnitus experience behind, not just habituate but truly overcome, I don't want to remember it and move on 100%, feeling confident and knowing myself better!!!

So two nights ago I told myself that I had a spike in my tinnitus, my tinnitus was about a 3..... so I started to focus on it and to look for it on my mind, I went to a quiet space and put my fingers in my ears and looked for it and said to myself, oh boy y tinnitus is going up, and it truly went up in a matter of seconds from a 3 to 5!! a few minutes later my right ear was sounding like a tea cup blowing steam....

then anxiety came back like in the old days (my good old brain warning me I guess) panic came back like in the old days and the whole day I hear that beep, then my tinnitus turned pulsatile and then constant..... it reached about a 6!
      At night I had a hard time trying to sleep but I forced myself to be calmed!!! yesterday I woke up with really loud tinnitus in my ear a 6, it slowly went away after I stood up from bed and went on with my day, it lowered to 4.

throughout the day I told myself in the mirror:
      "I am aware you are there tinnitus, my brain is warning me of you and I used to fear you but I don't anymore, I accept you, I embrace you, and to me brain I want you to know I accept the tinnitus, we both are safe, its ok, this sound is not harmful and its not gonna cause us any harm."

towards the night the tinnitus was still going at 4 I guess.... but I kept going at it telling myself is ok I accept it, I also would close my eyes and imagine in my mind me lowering the volume down, as if tinnitus had a volume and I would lower it with my own hand.

Today I woke up and I didn;t even hear my tinnitus!!! it is amazing.... I am in my house alone, with sound proof windows because we live not far from a highway, no tv or radio on and my tinnitus is probably 0.50 from a scale of zero to ten!!!

Then I kept telling myself that I accept it and even laughed saying "oh I used to fear but now I embrace you and I love you brain, thank you for warning me but we are both safe, I accept the warning and it's all clear we are safe, I love you brain for keeping me safe"

I then went on to make myself some lunch and guess what!! MY TINNITUS COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED, I covered my ears and right after I remembered about my experiment and nothing, no sound!!! zero!!! so I got on the computer and started to write about, and as I was writing this, its only slightly back because I am here talking about it, it's about a 2!!!

has any one tried this before? what was your experience?

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      Sorry but this doesnt sound like you have the difficult intrusive T that many people on here have to suffer.
      Sounds like you have very low T that is a little bothesome. And that it fluctuates naturally anyway. I do however believe that you are correct when you say that the mind and emotion etc...can influence it and its intrusiveness.
      I just dont know whether saying these things is sufficient for those with really intrusive loud T...
      Please may i ask you a question? Do you look in the mirror at yourself when you say these things or do you say them to yourself when you are for example out and about having a walk?

If you look at the posts by @I who love music and @Silvine you will see them reporting in the same thread about using these affirmations. @I who love music started the thread and has said that his T is very low now and he does not hear it very often. This thread is worth a read....

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      when I say those things I look into my own eyes and in my mind I feel as I am calling my brain to pay attention. My tinnitus is not due to hear loss because of music, its mostly due to neck injury and vertigo.

thank you for link I am gonna read it!!

4. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      yes but you did not answer my question.... please can you tell me if you have mild moderate T or loud T? And I wondered if you have fluctuations or is it constant T all the time. Thank you ever so much

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      mine has fluctuations, it can go from unbearably disturbing, to very soft, at times is constant and then its pulsatile... sometimes its like steam blowing out of a teacup and at times it's just like this sharp static sound