The Tinnitus Relief Program by Andrew Parr (Hypnotherapy as a Tinnitus Treatment)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by joe, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Glen Morse
      Cold turkey

Glen Morse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/08/2010
      Hypnosis For Tinnitus (Persistent Ringing in...

I found this to be interesting. I wonder if I can skip the therapy and just breath slowly in and out while visualizing the ocean, to over ride the tinnitus, as part of my Habituition therapy.

• Useful Useful x 1
    2. andrewp

andrewp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2006
      Hi my Andrew Parr, the hypnotherapist referred to in this thread.

To overcome tinnitus you have to help your amygdala - the emotional centre of the brain - begin to view the sound as harmless and no longer a threat.

When it is is harmless, it becomes meaningless ... and your brain can begin to filter it out.

Most hypnotherapists will use very basic techniques to do this ... but they often don't touch on the real cause of suffering... which is the patients response to the sound.

Relaxation helps ... but doesn't cure.

From my experience there are two types of patient who can benefit from certain types of hypnotherapy:

(1) those who respond well to the suggestions, relaxation and focus of attention exercises

(2) those who respond well to a more personal, interactive approach that deals with the deeper, emotional response mechanisms - fear, anger and anxiety.

A background in psychology will not make someone a good hypnotherapist for this. A knowledge of tinnitus and hypnotic approaches that work, will.

I put together the tinnitus relief programme in 2006 based on my knowledge and experience at the time.

It has helped many people … and it comes with a 60 day money back guarantee just in case it doesn’t.

I don’t know how I can be fairer.

Any questions, please just ask.

Andrew Parr

PS From my experience, fear, anger and anxiety are the biggest amplifiers of tinnitus … reduce or eliminate those and then you can speed up the habituation process.

• Like Like x 1
    3. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Is there any update on the benefit of hypnotherapy on tinnitus that you know of?
      I have a CD here, given to me specifically for tinnitus from a gifted hypnotherapist. I am going to listen to it again and see if it helps... even a little.